smoking info for Sean/others trying to quit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, UK Sean. I used to teach Smoking Cessation classes to teens. Not much got through to the hard core smokers, but this little bit of info did have impact, so I am passing it along to you and other smokers. READY? 'Cuz this is sooo true.

First, some background. Tobacco leaves are huge, and when picked are stacked in piles on wooden flats and tied with twine until they are shredded.

According to government standards, 10% of every cigarette can be "inert matter" meaning no
    t 100% tobacco leaves. Research has shown that of that 10% inert matter, there is the twine, dirt, cockroaches, rat crap and perhaps a few of the rats/mice themselves. :shocked:

So next time you want to light up, ask yourself--is smoking rat shit and shredded roaches really THAT pleasurable?????

Sounds like the ingrediants to hot dogs.

Thank you for the information. I guess I would be considered one of those hard core as even being privyto this info wouldn't stop me from lighting up.
    I am going to try again though (If you didnt hear I slipped I have so much stress going on right now it really is hard, but I will not give up until I give up)
    Sean...x
    It's nice to be important, however it's more important to be nice

Comment

Sean, there is a book called the easy way to quit smoking by Allen Carr, just reading it helped me quit on Oct 2nd 2008, as well as a couple of friends of mine, it works. Smoking will not make anything in your life better.
      "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

Yuck! I don't know if the standards in the US are the same as Canada but, that is gross!

I am going to pass this info along to my mother. Maybe it will help her.

Thanks for sharing. There have been some eye opening posts today. It really makes you think!

Comment

Working...
        X