Creative Crafts for winter months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that you have way more time without alcohol, what creative projects have you put into motion? I just finished knitting a shawl, and am working on a red valance for my kitchen window, with bead fringe.
    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Hi Sunbeam
    I love to do crafts!
    I crochet blankets and scarfs.
    I've done other things in the past but these are mostly what I do now....no counting!

I also like to read good books. Mostly the ones that are fiction but tied to history and timely issues.

I would love to do a paintiing class but the ones near me are "Sips and Strokes"......would be more sips than strokes, I'm afraid!:H

:lNancy
    "Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Nancy,
      A shawl is as easy as a scarf. I don't like to count either. The shawl I just finished is a rectangle about 1 foot wide, 3 ft. long. Before sewing the narrow ends together, I put one twist in it. Got the idea from a pattern book. Very cute.

Have fun!
      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

needle felting is fun and i find i'm reading alot more!

i also do glass on glass mosaics and beadmaking more when i'm sober!

Comment

I enjoy reading much more now. And making scrapbooks and home made journals.
          AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
          Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

I feel the same, I have all this time on my hands after work and on weekends. I have taken up beading and its an expensive hobby, but I would have spent the money on wine instead. At least I have earrings and necklaces to give as gifts and for me.
            "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

I've found myself trying to read like 4 books at once. It hit me this morning that I had been reading for like 4 hours straight. lol I NEVER had this much free time before!!
              "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

~Red :h

Comment

I'm dabbling in a lot of hobbies right now. I'm also reading 4 books at once (must have Pride and Prejudice read by Thursday book club!). I also keep busy with my scrapbooking and I've started a Supper Club with my local Mom's group. Last, but not least, I'm working on a memory quilt for my daugter made out of her baby clothes. I 'm taking a class for it and we are supposed to be finished by June!

Comment

what a cool idea, a memory quilt!
                  i'm going to learn to sew.

Comment

peacenik;517898 wrote: what a cool idea, a memory quilt!
                    i'm going to learn to sew.
                    Here are some easy to follow instructions on a quilt.

Martha Stewart -

Comment

I started playing video games with my girls. Now we are ALL fighting for dibs on the control stick!

Comment

thanks shelbysmiles!

Comment

Shelby, thanks for that link. I saved the boys' receiving blankets to make a quilt out of someday. i may have to find them and do this!! I need something to do in the evenings besides mess around on the computer!

I like this thread!!
                          The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you.ray:

Comment

I am enjoying this thread also. I hope more people will share creative ideas that others might like to try.

Comment

old shirts

I had been planning to do this for awhile---taking old sports jerseys from my husband and kids and turning them into a quilt. Using the part with their names and logo of team. That way I can FINALLY have room in the closets and they can still be emotionally attached to the raggy old shirts.

Comment

Working...
                              X