Letting it out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letting it out

Ok. I need little love here I'm on 17th AF day and 2nd day without a ciggie. I must say quitting drinking is very, very different to quitting smoking for me.
    I am experiencing no cravings for AL, but it is a very different story when it comes to cigarettes. I think about smoking every passing second, i know i can handle it, but it is soooooo annoying.
    I just wanted to tell you that cos its driving me insane plus the energy levels. I got soooo much energy, no idea what to do with it(already been to gym).

All the best my way out community!

P.S. LOL i don't think i need help with it, i think i can cope with cravings. I just wanted to let it out as the title say. I have nobody else to talk about it. Cheers.
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Letting it out

Network ... Well done on 17 days af. Just wanted to say that i haven't had a drink for 4 months maybe longer (stopped counting the days) and i haven't really missed it. Yes i get the urges for a drink when feeling low as that was always the times when i would binge drink, to make me feel better (not that it ever did). the main reason i gave up drinking was/is to support my partner and that has kept me going on my non drinking. Where as the ciggies are a whole different story. I have given up 2 times in the past 6 month (once for 2 months) but i always go back to it. I just can't seem to stop. I have been a smoker since the age of 14 and have smoked on and off since (i'm now 24). So i agree smoking is so difficult to quit. I know that one day i will stop and keep telling myself tomorrow is the day but it never happens and if it does it last a day, 2 maximum.

Well done on your 2 days and keep up the good work, i will be joining you with the NF soon.

Wishy x x x

Comment

Letting it out

Hi just wanted to say well done on quitting I know what you mean about the cigs been harder to quit but that was my saving grace. I was too scared to start again as I could not face the thought of trying to quit again and havin all the withdraw symptoms again I quit about 22 years ago and it was sheer hell [/B]to begin with. I tried several times before I suceeded dont give up! the danger times for me were the 6th and the 8th weeks but yours could be different just remember it is worth it. I even had dreams about smoking then when I woke up for a few seconds I thought I was smoking again my first though was how do I find the strength to do this again to quit all over again I was not resigned to smoking again but panicked about quitting again. believe me it was the best thing I have ever done I just hope in 22years time I can say the same about drinking good Luck

Comment

Working...
      X