Army Thread 13th January 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aw thanks guys- things are not really OK at the moment but they will be soon- I just have to make sure i commit 100 per cent- I haven't dared even log on most days because i know what will happen- it's a bit like taking that first drink...

Comment

Did you still have the problem employee?
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I have told her not to come in- even after all the drama things were disappearing everyday! But I do still have to pay her this months wage and do her shift as well as my own...:sigh:

Comment

I know it must be rough on you working both shifts but atleast she can't steal from you if she's not in your shop.
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

I will get it back on track- where we are is a very seasonal area- dead in winter but mobbed in summer- I just have to pay the boills till then and all will be OK

I have picked up on my internet marketing again- it can certainly help pay a few bills if you put your mind to it, I kind of let it drop by the wayside when my drinking got really bad and I came back to MWO.

Comment

its basically making money on the internet...most websites make money by selling products, or selling other peoples products or by selling advertising, but you can also sell your services, for example I write articles, set up blogs for people who are too busy or don't know how, there are loads of things you can do- it has quite a learning curve though, I have been doing it for about 9 years now- I have found what you get out of it is quite in relation to your knowledge of the subject (hard to keep up it changes so fast) and the effort you put in, hence my earnings dropped quite a bit when I was sitting on here all day, LOL

Comment

Yes, my first online venture was selling cigs on yahoo.uk auctions! (Ebay did not allow it, but yahoo did) soon I had about 30 regular customers but couldn't keep up with wrapping the parcels and the PO!

Eventually customs became stricter and that was the end of it- but it got me out of a hole while it lasted

Comment

Marbs, glad you got rid of her!! Better to have her out of there entirely, even if you DO have to pay her, I think!

Oney, that sounds like a HORRIBLE tantrum... exactly the way I visualize my own AV (alcoholic voice)! The little dear has quite a vocabulary, doesn't she?

My furnace went out sometime last night, and the furnace guy just announced that this thing (a tiny little part that went bad in the furnace innards) will cost me more than $500... He asked if that was OK and I said, hey, I'm at your mercy! It is zero degrees (F) outside.... you think I'm going to shop around for a better price?? I'm SO glad I have a gas log fireplace... that's helping... it's about 50 degrees here in the living room.

Comment

Hi WIP!
                    Those little thingies that make things work can get expensive fast, can't they?
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi Wip!

Sorry I don't know what's been going on with anybody lately but glad you will have some heating there soon- I better bugger off back to my work- it is so easy to get sidetracked here

Till soon everybody, so glad everyone sounds OK!

Comment

Hi! Made it my first day AF in quite a while. Wip I'll take your $500, we have already spent $2500 on our sewer and looking to have to rent a Cat again to fill it AND buy a load of gravel to put atop.

So I'm pretty proud of myself and Joe. He drank a couple that were left but didn't go out and get more.

We're a little depressed because we might not get back to Ireland this year. But I told him if we stay AF there's the money right there....... so hopefully that will be an incentive for him. :thanks:

Comment

Hi Hart! Your sewer situation sounds aweful! Yes, not drinking will get you to Ireland. How is the snow level out there?
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Well we have a lot, but it's slowly melting. For the first time I only used the four wheel drive to get out of the alley and then went to standard with no problem. I'm tired of snow we are on course for a record snow fall.

Comment

Is the snow melt going to cause flooding?
                              LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

And Hart, sorry you lost your job at Walmart...LOL!!
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X