Army Thread 13th January 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LTG I am far from "all set," I'm sorry to say! But there's still time... I will leave Kansas City on Friday morning.

Comment

Well, WIP, you have plenty of time to pack. All you need is your camera and toothbrush, right? How did things go with Furnance Boy?
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Starting, how was your walk?
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi Wippy, is your house warmer yet?
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Walk was lovely LTG, cold, wet but I love just getting outside...I feel better for it thanks

Comment

Hi,
              Quick check in from me before I head off to bed, got nabbed this evening by a friend of a friend trying to sell us insurance-sat here for hours
              Just reading thread back - scary stuff with Sea, hope she is allright, well done to everyone especilly LTG, god makes me wonder what might have happened if she hadn't here to come to and hadn't posted
              BH - lmao - return of Jaws, horror of the aftermath, kids and women strewn everywhere in one woman's bid to hang on to life for dear mercy - well done on the not smoking btw
              Have to go - real early start tomorrow - 5am - minding next doors new born babs for a few hours while she drops BF to airport - he is so cute - about 20 days old now
              Goodnight to all still out there!
              xx
              There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Yes, just getting outside is helpful for me. Even if it's just to the backyard.
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Actually, I need a lot of stuff; the house is empty and I will be staying there; I'm taking enough stuff to be able to live in there for a week! Some kitchen stuff, cleaning supplies (stuff is more expensive in Florida than the midestern USA), a small fold-up bed, linens, a microwave oven (there's no stove, but I got a new fridge and put it in there my last trip down)... plus a camera and some clothes! The car (a Civic) will be totally full. Next time I will be able to fly without worrying about taking a lot of stuff... or I can drive, and take the dogs... One project for the week will be getting bids on a fence for the back yard...

Furnace is back on...

Comment

Bandit, enjoy the baby in the AM! Thanks for your support :h
                    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

WIP, do your dogs like the lake?
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thanks LTG -although I am hearing a lot of high pitched crying through the wall right now - not sure if it is their two year old or the newborn - can't remember if a newborn can cry/wail that loud, it's been awhile - god I think it's the baby hope he's ok

WIP - that sounds really exciting, hope you have a good trip. I am taking possession of an old Honda Civic next week - my brother is giving it to me to help me with my driving practice, it's old but in good nick, only prob is it's a saloon version with big boot/trunk and I think I'd be more confident in a smaller car but beggars can't be choosers and my hubby keeps telling me I'd be better learning in a bigger car and being able to park it etc. etc...we'll see!

Hi to everyone else -sorry but I keep missing posts, my MWO is real slow today and jumping posts and stuff

Goodnight again!
                        xx
                        There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

Comment

Good luck with the car, Bandit! Look at it as adventure Those Hondas last forever too!
                          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

whats happening?

Comment

Well, I am about to hit the sack...knackered

Comment

LTG, my dogs have never been down there; but generally speaking they are not water dogs (not like my old Labs!). Anyway, that's probably for the best. There's a seawall in the area of the lake where the house is, and usually the water level is a good 4 or 5 feet below the seawall... I would not want the dogs to jump in, because (a) it would be VERY hard to get them back out and (b) there are alligators in that lake!

Comment

Working...
                                X