L-glut just saved me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L-glut just saved me!

I was doing great going AF and 11 days into a 14 day commitment when BAM a huge crave hit me tonight. I took 1,000 mg. of L-glutamine and now 45 min. later it is completely gone. No urge or craving at all. Anyone out there have any other experiences with L-glut? Would love to hear..................
    Toughen up!

L-glut just saved me!

Hi St John, I posted a similar post like yours a few days ago. I find it to be an amazing solution to cravings, I just started taking 1000 mg of L-glutamine 2x in the evenings, I am on day #9 and I had a strong craving tonight with sweats and all, took L- glut and I am ok now. Some people putthe powder under the tongue during a craving, I have only the capsules for now.
    "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

Thanks, Swans.

Do they break the capsules and sprinkle the powder under the tounge or can you buy powder and is this technique more effective?
      Toughen up!

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

It is actually sold in powder form as well as in capsules, many bodybuilders use the powder form in their shakes. If placed under the tongue it reaches the bloodstream quickly( about a teaspoon) I believe.
        "Great works are performed, not by strength, but by perseverance

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

Hi guys,
          I haven't had the exact same experience St. John (of craving and taking L. glut) but have noticed that the few times I haven't kept to my modding rules I as I look back on it I didn't take either supplement that day?!
          Thanks for sharing your observation and keep it up with the AF work! Good job!!
          Eve11
          "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

I cannot say enough about L-Glut.

It's early days yet, but I am still AF after some really taxing days. I find that it takes the edge off the craving and I am able to reason through the proccess.

I would love to know how it works and why it works specifically on cravings. I wonder if we are deficient in the amino acid that L-Glut replaces.

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

Can anyone answer that? Would appreciate any info................
              Toughen up!

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

St John, I have been told that it is very good for sugar cravings as well. It does pass the brain barrier and I wonder if it might have an effect on something like dopermine, which is the area that is hit by sugar addicts.
                If I think of the amount of sugar alcohol contains, even though it might be in an altered form, our bodies are used to huge amounts.

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

Makes sense, thanks Veritas
                  Toughen up!

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

I take the l-glut religiously. It immediately gets rid of any AL cravings for me and I think it also regulates appetite generally. I have read that it is also used for eating disorders say for bulimics - as it can help stop food binges involving cravings for sugar/carbs. I take it twice a day 1000 mg along with L-tryptophan, Htp 5and vit B's and that combination works really well for me. The l-glut takes away cravings and the L- tryptophan gives the endorphins boost and calms any anxiety.
                    BH

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

I LOVE L-Glut!!!!! The stuff calms you down too, it really settles the nerves. GNC makes a supplement called "Mega Glutamine" that I pour into water, it is berry flavoured and also contains some vitamin C & E which supposedly helps one absorb the L-Glut. It's a yummy, pretty, pink L-Glut drink : )
                      Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                      - George Jackson

Comment

L-glut just saved me!

MWO buddies,
                        Well, I got my L-Glut experience tonight! FIL is bi-polar, visiting our state and just hasn't been doing well.
                        Hubby and I laid down the law and told MIL and BIL that we were taking him to ER. He lives in a ho-dunk town and MIL wants to rely on those kind hearted docs but they don't have the experience of big city docs and everything is W-A-Y messed up. So, long day at work - busy night with the kids - and then the "planned" trip to ER. Planned is more difficult (believe me) because with huge emergency you're glad to be there even if you're waiting 5 hours! But planning to do it?? Another story.
                        Only way to get him in to a psych facility though was ER first.
                        Well, needless to say, hubby suggested drinks for us after FIL had the ER experience and was admitted.
                        Had 1 - food took longer than expected so had 2 to enjoy the flavor of the food with the fine wine. Came home...had a HUGE craving for another...knew I had an open bottle in the fridge from last weeks party so I popped some L-Glut and low and behold it took the craving away!
                        Got busy doing dishes, etc. and was it spiritual or what but saw a non-opened tea bag on the floor of chamomile tea so made some tea, came here and am going to bed.
                        So, Kid from the mod board - I can say two and I'm through!
                        Thanks to L-Glut? Guardian angel Eve? Co-incidence? or just the blessed luck of a good husband and a BFF? Don't know but thankful I won't have a hangover tomorrow.
                        Hugs,
                        Eve11
                        "Control your destiny or somebody else will"

~Jack Welsh~:h

God grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can, and the wisdom to know it's me. ~Author unknown, :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                        X