Melatonin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melatonin

Hello. Can someone tell me there experience with Melatonin? I have googled it but I thought some of you would have tried it...

Thanks,
    Tee

Melatonin

Works for me, like a charm at 3mg.
    :l
    LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Melatonin

I've had great results using melatonin. I take about 1.5mg a night and it helps me relax enough to fall asleep. I tend to be a little anxious - so I was afraid I would not be able to sleep when I quit drinking. I like that it is natural and not habit forming and it is not so strong that I can't wake up the next day.
      Works really well for me --

Comment

Melatonin

works for me
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Melatonin

Thank you... I just got some tonight because I haven't been sleeping well. I went Mon. thru Friday last week AF and then drank Sat. & Sun.. But AF since then. I haven't been able to sleep well this week.

So I thought I would give it a try. Took 2mg about 20 min. ago.. I appreciate the feed back...

Tee

Comment

Melatonin

Hi TeeHayDal

I tried this once (not sure of the dosage) and it gave me the most horrendous, vivid nightmares, so I got rid of it!! I actually found I sleep perfectly without anything; was more thought of not sleeping that caused me anxiety!
            Blondie

Comment

Melatonin

I take only one mg and it works for me! It takes about forty minutes to kick in, so take it before you want to sleep. Some people take way more than that but I'd start small and see how you feel! It IS safe, I believe, the high school daughter of one of my friends was asked to take it because her sleep schedule had gotten all turned around.

AM

Comment

Melatonin

Hi Tee,

When I take melatonin, I take the 3mg dose. It is one pill that I dissolve under my tongue, and the flavour resembles minty chalk. :H
                It takes around 20 minutes to get that drowsy, drifting off to sleep feeling. I have to be in bed when it happens or that feeling passes and I find I have to "start again" with a new dose.

When I am having sleep issues, it has become a life saver for me.

Best of luck,
                K
                Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Melatonin

I was taking a prescription drug, adivan, but am scared as it's an addictive substance. I started taking melatonin, and yes, I'm happy to say it works for me. My husband takes it every now and then also. We've never had a problem with it.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Melatonin

Works great for me. I take 3mg everynight along with a calms forte and I sleep like a baby. No side effects whatsoever...

Don

Comment

Melatonin

I love Melatonin! It's natural, non-addictive, and cheap :h
                      :l
                      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Melatonin

Hello. I took the 2mg last nite and did feel a little sleepy but after 1 hour still no sleep and then when I did, I did not sleep very well.
                        Should I just keep trying? Thanks for all your replies. Tee

Comment

Melatonin

Hi again Tee,

Perhaps try taking three milligrams? Also, I really do notice I have to work on "going with" the sleepy feeling when it hits, because for me if I don't and it passes I have to take another pill.

It is all natural, so I imagine safe to up the dose. Maybe double check with your pharmasist though.
                          Good luck. Don't give up.

K
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Working...
                          X