Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 16th January

Hi Bandy, sorry missed you there.

I'm going to have a shower now and wash my tears away. I will emerge from the shower as a strong, kick arse bitch of a women!!!

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Kapo ... sorry hun i'm really not with it today ... just realised you have already been to work .... feck i'm so slow today.

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Totally understandable dear Wish - look after you today, darl
        *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Hi All,

dont know who wrote keep in touch with the bank....that was really good advice too, shows them you are willing to face the music...dont let the "threat" of the old overdraft thing get the better of you, the UK is in a bloody recession, you think the banks have played it safe? Shit, all i hear about is them being bailed out on a daily basis. DO your best, and try and do whatever they suggest. I hope they do suspend your repayments for a bit, that might help get you back on an even keel.

Oney, I just had to stay away from that thread, i wrote another post but then deleted it before i posted...it fired me up a bit. Its friday and I too am battling the heebee jeebeeies. Kapo, good on you for not losing it at work. I need to stay here and finish something up, everybody gone home already, and my buddy sat next to me said, "never mind Im sure you can pass and hour or two in the wine bar downstairs" Dont know how I managed but did let that one slide..... but did.

Funny one, yesterday popped in to pub for 2 lime juices where the man was, and the locals here have trouble drinking as they lack an enzyme (alcohol dehydrogenase - it breaks down alcohol when you consume) and usually get drunk really easy (if they drink) and go very red. I had this well spoken singaporean lady weilding a lovely large glass of red wine question why I was drinking a lime juice...dont think she would have appreciated me explaining what an evil nasty drunk i can be as i contemplated knocking that glass of red all down her bright white dress,
          Live your life in such a way that
          when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
          Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Good for you, Neuro! For me it is still important to be part of "life" but remain WHO I AM, and that is a SOBER alcoholic. You sure do sound like a kindred soul!

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

morning all. Had very little sleep due to my tooth. My face has swelled up too today. Dentist said she cant see me till monday. Not a happy bunny atall. Bollocks, shit, twat!!!
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Yeah, i realised last week as I suggested to the man that we go to the pub for a bit, that I dont want to sit at home while everybody else is out....that said, there are only so many lime juices I can throw back in an evening!
                Satan shudders & says...

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Cy,

that dont sound good. Hope you can take some pain killers, that is one of worst pains ever,

Nx
                  Satan shudders & says...

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

CY CY - that is truly crap for you! That is on a par with labour pains, apparently......I am afraid I have NO sound advice to offer, I have never suffered toothache. However, with many pains in my time I have self-medicated with alcohol - and, as I KNOW you know, that just added mental and emotional pain to my existing physical pain - so please be careful, my friend x

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Thank you Oney - you are sweet and kind - I DO have to remember that. Sometimes I get very resentful with the whole deal - but ACCEPTANCE is truly vital.

How are you feeling right now? I very very relate to those HUGE urges - everything seems to just make a drink or 200 seem so peachy....sometimes it seems we get through these big hurdles (Christmas, New Years, Birthdays, Broken fingernails etc) ONLY to have the most random mental urge for a drink (thoug I should REALLY say DRUNK) - Hang in there darl - PM me any time ay

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Gald to hear some friends called to see you, Ones - hope their company managed to divert you constructively x

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Ones - I can be feeling 1000000% safe in my sobriety, at peace with the world et al, and be walking down the dam street and see a crushed old can of BEER ( I HATE beer) - and my screwed wee brain will say to me : "Shite, kapo, wouldn't a wee drinky be nice" - straight outa NOWHERE, I tell you! VIGILANCE is vital, as is self-awareness. I know I will NEVER be "Out of the woods" - as such, the true MIRACLE is that today I LOVE being sober, so I would have to be truly very fucked to pick a drink up.

And yes, Vea and I are quite the pathetic couple - even the most recent visit on Monday just gone, we just stared at each other for long silent moments through a piece of dirty prison perspex, both teary-eyed and moon-faced....then one of us would just LAUGH at the bloody helplessness of it all....SIGH - roll on August 2009!!! ( I should probably tag this post, so I can re-read it for the time in the future when I will undoubtedly, albeit temporarily HATE HIS DAM GUTS for some total non-reason or another! :H)

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Hope it is a good long walk they are taking Mia on for you, hon

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Bit off subject, but just bought the paper and the whole Kaka deal with Man City is worth.....wait for it....?243 million quid!!!!!
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army Thread 16th January

Shit, Cy - that is just total ka-ka-krap, is it NOT? Send your bloody dentist bill to the lousy bastard.

Comment

Working...
                                X