Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Latest News!

Good day my fellow warriors.

I just wanted to check in briefly to let those of you who remember me know how I am doing. Today I have reached 225 days, or 7 ? months without a drink. It?s been an exciting journey and I try to be grateful everyday of my life to be sober.

It hasn?t been easy and life keeps throwing monkey wrenches my way. What was I thinking? Everything else was going to fix itself, just because I quit drinking? That is the work that I need to do yet. I guess I am back to the task of peeling the skins off onions. Alcohol was the first.

Some days when I am trying to unravel that Gordian knot that my life is, I forget to be grateful for what I have achieved and I have to work really hard not to let the negative voice in my head steal my spirit away again. It?s so dangerously easy to slip back into self-loathing, isolation and doubt. And that is the root of all evil. We all have to make a full-time job out of loving ourselves and demanding the respect, care and acceptance due to us. On a bad day I find solace in reading Eckhart Tolle?s advice. His teachings have helped me a lot. We all deserve a soft shoulder to fall on from time to time, but if it is not there we have to find a substitute to see us through.

I guess my advise to all you newbie?s is to be grateful for what you have and to love, respect, honor and cherish your beautiful soul that has so much to offer.

Love you all.

Lori
    *Definition of Insanity: doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result* Albert Einstein

Latest News!

Lori!
    That is great!
    Some very wise words you have shared with us!
    Love you buckets!
    Nancy

"Be still and know that I am God"

Psalm 46:10

Comment

Latest News!

I always love to hear your updates and wise words Lori. Congratulations on 7-1/2 months.

Lots of hugs for you!
      I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Latest News!

Thank you for your friendship.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/772022=4647-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Latest News!

Lori! You are awesome, girl! Such wisdom! I can feel the positive energy from your post. So happy to be congratulating you on 7 1/2 months! Love you, dar-link!
          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Latest News!

Continued Success Lori ! IAD.
            ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
            those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Latest News!

Well said !!
              AF since 12/11/2008 :ranger c:
              Today well lived makes every yesterday a dream !:catroll:

Comment

Latest News!

I'm very happy for you Lori - you are an inspiration to all of us!

Comment

Latest News!

IAD - LOVE THE PHOTOGRAPH!!!!

Comment

Latest News!

I remember you well. I look forward to your updates and and so proud to have gotten to know you along the way...Great job your doing peeling back those onion layers..i am right with you, working on doing the same.
                    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Latest News!

I don't know you, LoriSunshine (LOVE the name *grin*) but you sound positively marvelous and most inspirational. Thank you for that!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Latest News!

Hiya Lori,
                        Its great to hear your doing so well, and have a brilliant understanding of this..Much love and respect to you.
                        I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                        One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

Latest News!

So good to hear from you, lori. So very good.
                          sigpic
                          Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Latest News!

SUPER DUPER WELL SAID! ...your words captured so much how i also am feeling tonight...thanks!
                            "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

Latest News!

Hi Lorie!! So good to hear from you, you have been in my thoughts...

WELL DONE!! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR 7 1/2 MONTHS!! I am so happy for you!!

XXX Kate
                              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
                              X