Love/Hate relationship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love/Hate relationship

I don't understand how we all love AL so much and feel at times like we cannot live without it, and at the same time can hate it with a passion?

Love/Hate relationship

That is so true. It is a thoroughly abusive relationship. Like a creepy boyfriend who's sweet and nice one minute and smacking us around the next.
    :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

Love/Hate relationship

Dexter: exactly. Breaking free from an abusive relationship is VERY difficult... we only want to (a) remember the good parts and (b) believe the promises that he will "never do it again." That's why the "mind game" is such an important part of recovery... learning to deal with distorted thinking is essential, because it WILL show up in our minds!

Comment

Love/Hate relationship

Distorted thinking indeed! There are countless rationalizations for having "just one" (which of course never stops at one)...such a rollercoaster. I am working hard on mindfulness, and sometimes have to take it a minute or hour at a time. But those minutes and hours are turning into days and weeks, and hopefully years and years.
        ~K.

Comment

Love/Hate relationship

Right on WIP...How true...I have somehow distorted my thoughts about AL over and over...AL is a tricky devil and such a liar. When I hear that voice of his saying...come on, one won't hurt you...I now give him a face of the greatest of all human liars (someone that I would never believe) and that helps me not fall for his lie...
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
          X