Army Thread, Wednesday 21st Jan 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings all! Welcome to Wednesday, soldiers!

It is 5.30pm here, and the day has been beautiful in ALL ways - weather, sobriety, recovery, DAY OFF WORK!!! the list goes on and BOY, am I grateful.
    My dad is going to visit us this weekend, and I am totally looking forward to that! I know that when I can say that, I am certainly on track! There have been many, many years when I just avoided family completely, just to save us ALL the embarrassment and pain and shame of the state they more than likely would find me in.
    So it is with enthusiasm that I head outside shortly to mow my lawns!! LOL!!
    Hope you are all awakening to a bright and positive Wednesday.
    Sunshine - hope you managing to not only stay sober, but happily so....and you too, dear Limey-lime.
    Catch up again soon when you are all coffee fuelled and ready for battle.
    Blessings

x:l
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

The Night Owl is here Kap
    Has been a very Chaotic evening and my back is very sore from chopping that ice off of the steps. How's u? You sound very upbeat. That is wonderful.
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi Kap,

Glad you had a great day. It is not yet Wednesday here but I am happy to celebrate Wednesday with you.

I will be going to sleep in about an hour and will wake up tomorrow feeling good about the day.

Hope everyone to follow has a great day
      __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

Hey Sea and Now&Z!!! Awesome to see you both! It can get a tad lonely down here at the bottom of the world! Hope you feel better real soon, Sea - back pain a bloody nightmare - please look after you - you ( and all of us!) are very important to MWO!!! Heading out to mow my lawns soon - am still awating on a ph call from my man, Vea - he is in prison, so I am hoping to get a ph call soon - to keep up the morale at both ends! Blessings and sleep well if you not here when I get back! X

Comment

Thanks Kap
          I am gonna crash, but so great to be able to catch up with u now and then. We have a renewed hope for the world today, with our new President.
          I was once engage to a man in prison, and I know how important the phone calls are. I hope that you have a nice chat.
          Don't hurt your back mowing love
          I came on here to find Hippie. I am so easily distracted.lol.
          I need to ask him something, so hopefully, I will find him.
          "To sleep, perchance, to dream"
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi guys and a very good morning to you!
            Kap, I know what you mean about avoiding the family, I too have done that for years...I am still struggling a bit but working on that.
            NZ, Sea, great to see you both at this ungodly (for me) hour! Hope you are both sleeping peacefully right now.

I am a complete idiot, just had a terrible nights sleep and couldnt understand why...then after about the third very weird dream I realised I was still wearing my damn nicotine patch....that'll be why then!
            Not to worry, I can snooze later on if I need to...very lucky to be able to do that I know...
            Feeling enthusiastic about the day too, gonna keep plugging away at my to-do list and feeling a sense of achievement for the first time in feckin ages!
            See you all later...probably sooner rather than later actually seeing as I am addicted to this place :-)
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey there Starts! Me too addicted to MWO!! I log on first thing in the morning, and dam near as soon as I get home from work! You all mean very very much to me - the element of understanding and kinship is totally and beautifully priceless!
              Sea - I hope you have a peaceful and refreshing sleep, darl - hope to coincide with you and our world clocks again soon.
              All you guys from the US: Congrats on your new president - he appears to be a sincere and integrity-filled man.
              Have mowed my lawns - YAY! Am now off to meet my dear friends Jan and Sarah for an evening cafe coffee! See you all in a while x

Comment

Have fun Kapo....what would we do without your wonderful upbeat posts every day??? Love them!! xx
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Morning all.
                  Kap and starts. .. Both of you have wonderfull morning posts. So positive. They really do help me, and it's great to hear you sounding so happy kap.
                  Are you enjoying the start of your time off starts? It's great to hear you sounding upbeat. It spurns me on.
                  Oh, and did you hear from your daughter atall kap?
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hi all - not long home - had very pleasant evening - so good to have friends!
                    Cy - have just jumped on computer to find email from SLAG Helen. It read as follows:
                    "She got your email"
                    I'm tellling you - that woman is PURE venom. That is ALL the contact I have had since December 19th when I had a half hour visit at government dept office. I ASK you!! That woman is FUCKING lucky I am sober - because I would certainly NOT trust myself with regard to all this shite if I were drinkingAnyhoo I replied - "contact visit next Tuesday or Wednesday morning" - and (sigh) , I did put ' please' at the end. By GOD I could abuse that woman something HUGE.
                    I am NOT going to let the slag's attitude spoil my lovely evening.
                    Sorry for the vent and the language, guys - SHE just drives me NUTS!
                    Hope all you are having a great day so far - and Cy - I REALLY hope your spirits are lifting and that you are having brighter and lighter thoughts mate x

Comment

Morning all. I've been up since 6am and have been to work and i'm now back home with a coffee. It's very cold here today and had ice on the car, which i scrapped off to go to work then it came back whilst in work. Not much planned for today except taking my sister out this afternoon, she is having a spray tan. Might make myself a list of things i want to achcieve in life, think this will motivate me to get in the right frame of mind.

Kapo ... Don't appoligize for swearing, you have every right to, this women sound like a right evil bitch.

Starts ... I have the dreams when wearing patches ... very restless. Try setting a reminder on your phone for half an hour before bed to remind you to take it off.

Oney .. glad your feeling more motivated and positive hun x

Morning to everyone else x

Comment

Thanks, Ones. Sorry guys, but I am REALLY dwelling on it at the mo. It just sickens me and saddens me that this unwarranted apparent hatred the woman has of me is affecting me as it ALWAYS does. I really REALLY wish a very hungry bird of prey would peck her to death SLOWLY, a-la Alfred Hitchcock.
                        It is TRULY unlike me to feel so uncharitable - I just DON'T do Hate - but by GOD, Helen just inspires it (hate!)
                        Oh well, it will be interesting to see what sort of email I get in reply to my meagre request.
                        I just want to see my baby - it is her DAM BIRTHDAY.
                        I don 't know what to do and my emotions are totally shot just now.

Comment

P.S - Wish - hope you have a glorious sister day! Sounds like fun!
                          Ones - I totally admire you for the study preparations you are doing! You will ROCK as a counsellor!!! GO FOR GOLD BABE!

Comment

Thats right oney you said it!
                            When I think of the name Helen I think of Helen Hunt. But then that makes me think Helen is a C***!
                            But then I think that is an insult to C***s as at least they have uses (well not mine or yours) and that beeach Helen certainly doesnt have any uses!
                            BH

Comment

Good Morning All.
                              I just popped in to let you know that I got my own place. I got the keys yesterday and I'm very busy getting ready to move in. It's nice and clean but it'll take me a while to get it how I want it, but I'm in no hurry. I just got off the phone with the utility company. They don't waste much time cleaning out your wallet do they? Still, It's not too bad a deal. I've got the gas man coming this afternoon between 12 and 5 to get the heating up and running and I'll be getting some furniture off my daughter tomorrow to tide me over till I get some real stuff. It's quite exciting. I've never lived by myself before. I'm told it can be very liberating and coming in at night,closing the door and just chilling sounds great.
                              I've been very good drinkwise recently. Day 16 (with the help of Antabuse) and loving it.

Comment

Working...
                              X