Army Thread, Wednesday 21st Jan 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes the LR is huge and it is set up oddly, the front wall and back wall are nearly all windows, and it's hard to figure out how to set up the furniture...

Comment

I'm sitting here in the library, at the tables where the homeless guys sit and it REEKS of booze.

Comment

I sure could use some help... my next door neighbor is good about giving me names of tradesmen... but he isn't any help with colors and stuff like that. I am painting the house RED with black trim and some white trim... Originally (50 years ago!) it was turquoise but that really clashes with the tile. Here is what it looks like now:

Comment

Thanks Oney, I'm missing you and the peeps here, too! It's been weird being so dis-attached to the internet! Found out today they CANNOT install wireless in the house this week, like they promised they could, so it will have to wait till the next trip.

Comment

Well these guys look pretty settled in here... not sure they are prepared to go to Ireland, but send me more info about the accommodations, meals, and rules in your facility and I will give them a little pep talk about it, how about that? (I think they will insist on being able to drink as much wine as they can get ahold of, and preferably not having to work would be preferred... )

Comment

Yeah it looks VERY SMALL from the outside... and it is only 2BR and 2 baths, but the rooms are pretty big (although the bathrooms are small). Very plain cinder-block construction, built like a rock (has been neglected for 20 years but is still very sound). Once I get done with all the renovation work I MIGHT consider adding a couple rooms... doubt I can afford it, though. The main thing is the lake, the huge front and back yards (lots of big trees) and how quiet it is... the very end of a very quiet dead end street...

Comment

one2many;526099 wrote: By the way, was at the library meself yest and got "The Mindful Way Through Depression"...is that what is it called?
                Yep that's the one; did it have the CD attached? Very good guided meditations! Very simple, no visualization, just training yourself to pay attention to what is going on NOW. Give it a go... the methods in that book help me tremendously!

As to the guys: I think I need a bit more explanatory detail about the head rubbing????

Comment

hello everyone, had a busy day today. Grace was 4 and we all went to see a film , absoulte shite , then to the toy shop, then mc donalds and were home about 8.30pm. Im wreaked now..

Comment

Thanks for your text Oney, your very thoughtfull.

Comment

wip, I love your new house, im mad jealous!!

Comment

Sounds wonderful, Oney (the head stroking), very very comforting. I think they would definitely benefit from your program...

Hi Limey... Sounds rather stressful?

Comment

is uk sean gone then?

Comment

Hiya wip, its only stress cos of pmt!! Im a danger to peeps at the moment, I find as I get older it gets worse!!

Comment

Yep I remember that... rotten feeling... plus I always drank a lot more just before my period... I'd wake up hungover AND on the first day of my period...

Comment

what's with UK Sean?

Comment

Working...
                                X