I blew it - and am so disappointed in myself :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blew it - and am so disappointed in myself :(

The beast tapped on my shoulder yesterday and I caved and drank until I was sick. I feel terrible today, guilt, hangover, the whole 9 yards. I am so disappointed in myself-
    100 days of AF and I Blew it.
    I should of stayed closer to my computer and my MWO buddies.
    I guess I have to change my signature too, right now it says AF since 10-10, bummer
    DLW
    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
      Today is a Mystery
      Tomorrow is a GIFT

I blew it - and am so disappointed in myself

You had a drink, one day. Now is the time to be AF again. Don't feel too bad about it, focus on the positives. That you were able to go AF for 100 days. Start again and feel stronger for it.

Comment

Absolutely!!! Just a little slip. You have accomplished much. Jump right back in.
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Wow 100 days - dlw, I've never done 100 days!!! Well if I add up all my abstainations I probably have but not in one go. Well done you! Just take yesterday as a learning curve - I always told myself whenever I screwed up, 'Let's see if I can go for longer this time...'
        Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Oh and I'm not disappointed in you, I have great admiration for someone who's done 100 days.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

you did well on the 100 days. If your goal is total abstinence just don't worry and pick your self up and jump back on the wagon ....yep, you have to keep reading and posting for support....

Good Luck on the next 100 days ....
            ?We are one another's angels?
            Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

100 days is very good indeed. You should feel very proud of your accomplishment

I would also say that it is good to feel the sadness and pain that you are experiencing right now and to recommit to staying AF. Striking a balance between "picking yourself and dusting yourself off" and feeling sadness and remorse is important.
              AF Since April 20, 2008
              4 Years!!!
              :lilheart:

Comment

dlw,

100 days is amazing! I don't mean to minimize the importance of remaining AF. But, rather than look at this as a failure, realize and be proud that you have been AF 100 of the past 101 days. Then get right back into your AF state of mind. Just curious, how did it feel? Was it really as enjoyable as we fantasize about when AF or was it a disappointment?
                "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

DLW...I know you must feel fecking awfull right now, but these things can happen. Dont think about the 100 days too much, think of it as drinking once this year, and once only. Start afresh and jump back on board.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Bestlife, you asked me what it was like AF for 100 days, well it was a proud accomplishment, but now I feel a bit better hearing all of your encouraging words. I am looking at this as a bump in the road, so you guys are right. I am going to focus on tomorrow.

A BIG THANKS TO YOU ALL, I needed this pep talk!!!
                    DLW
                    Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                    And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                      Today is a Mystery
                      Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Thats a good attitude DLW. I always liken this to a journey, sometimes we take the wrong turn but we get back on track again and find our way..and in doing so, we avoid getting lost again.
                      100 days is fabulous, you should be very proud
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

dlw, just get back on track. 100 days is great, and you can do it again.
                        where does this go?

Comment

dlw......as Chief said to me when I slipped after 28 days...."You are Better than What Happened!" Glad to hear you are back on track! You have gained and learned so much during those 100 Days! That is not lost! But, it is important...to stay on track now!

xxx Kate
                          A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Dlw read your signiture again -- YESTERDAY IS HISTORY!!
                            A humangous congrats on 100 days! No one can take that away from you:-)
                            "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

dlw .. its like we have to try it.. no matter what.. you did HOW many days, you can control your drinking still. The programing is NOW in your mind. I should talk. You are way better than you think. I am working on my next phase, after the fact a long stretch sober, then giving in at times.

You will be okay, i know you will..
                              Rippy. :l

Comment

Working...
                              X