Curious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious...

It seems to me that as an alcoholic your mind plays tricks on you.

When I was drinking vodka daily I would have the following problem:

The first sip of a cup of coffee would always taste like vodka.

The first bite into a sandwich would taste like vodka.

It was like my brain was expecting that anything I injested would be...

VODKA

Has or does anyone experience this problem or was I just weird?

The reason I thought of it was because I unwrapped my sandwiches and smelt...

ALCOHOL!

Although, it was a new loaf, could have been the ethanol from the yeast...

ALCOHOL has really screwed up my mind.
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Curious...

No, you are not crazy!

I experienced many of those things when I was drinking Vodka..... and I drank a lot of it!!

One thing that really got to me was when I had a glass of water, it tasted like Vodka. I always drank Vodka with water (watching my weight you see) and so drinking water, even to this day tastes a bit like Vodka.

I found a water bottle that I had taken to the beach in the summer. I opened it up a couple of weeks ago just to see if there was any vodka in it..... there wasn't - thank God. But I at first it tasted spiked to me!

I get what you are saying! Yep, messing with the mind is what AL does best!!!

Comment

Curious...

When I was in my screwdriver phase, orange juice always tasted like vodka. It's been over 10 years since the screwdriver phase- and I can't drink the calcium enriched orange juice cause it tastes like vodka. Funny you brought this up.
      MM

Comment

Curious...

Diet 7-up tastes like a gin and tonic to me... AL is a tricky bugger
        Was an alcoholic yesterday, an alcoholic today and will still be an alcoholic tomorrow..... but I'm in charge now!

Comment

Curious...

Oh yeah water, it definitely happened with that - but coffee tasting like straight vodka, and chips... bizarre. I always drank my vodka straight you see.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Curious...

Pavlov's Dog
            "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

Curious...

Me too!

Crystal Lite Lemonade...what I mixed with vodka.
              Still tastes like it to me....can't drink it anymore, sticking to tea.
              Except when I mess up.

Comment

Curious...

diet coke - nope can't drink the stuff anymore because of that exact same reason. pavlov's dog is right!
                no time like the present

Comment

Working...
                X