Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just few thoughts

Hi all,
    I cut down on my posting, cos it looks like this site is extensively monitored and it looks like its not a good idea to think outside the sqare. Anyways i decided to stay (thank you for all PM), although as i said i will cut down on posting.

Now the question.
    Why i need to fight all the time? Ok i am AF now (staying AF is easy FOR ME ) ,i quit smoking(not as easy as staying AF, but not that difficult either).
    The problem for me is that i want another challange. Why cannot i be just content and be happy with what i achieved so much. The next challenge for me is to learn how to moderate(i have to be very careful here as this site does not approve moderation-except the official MWO way which i dont even know cos i never read the book).
    The only thing that stops me from trying is the fear of AL.
    I'm really scared of alcohol now. I never ever want to experience the withdrawals again. Hopefuly it will pass one day(it never did for drugs).
    Once the fear passes i will try to learn how to moderate and see if i am strong enough(i love testing myself).
    Why, why i cannot just be content and be happy with what i achieved?
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Just few thoughts

I think Net, that is an question that only you can truely answer. Im sure you will get alot of opinions, some very good, but maybe that is the question that needs to be answered to move on with things.
    I am still looking for the question myself....
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Just few thoughts

network;525691 wrote:
      The only thing that stops me from trying is the fear of AL.
      I'm really scared of alcohol now. I never ever want to experience the withdrawals again. Hopefuly it will pass one day(it never did for drugs).
      Once the fear passes i will try to learn how to moderate and see if i am strong enough(i love testing myself).
      Why, why i cannot just be content and be happy with what i achieved?
      It sounds to me your answer lies right in your post. You have a fear of AL; had horrible withdrawals, in which you don't want to experience again - so why not find something healthy to do and remain AL free???

This whole moderation thing takes a strong person who doesn't let the thoughts consume them on a daily basis. From what I have read is that you can go a long time without AL and then end up on a binge. Well, that tells me you are a binge drinker. You don't need to be drinking all of the time to be a binge drinker.

Why not do something like go to the gym, take up a study course in something you have always wanted to do but haven't done it yet? There are so many more options out there than being obsessed about moderating your drinking. This definitely tells me that you are an alcoholic. If you can take it or leave it; there wouldn't be this many threads started by you with these obsessive thoughts - right?

I hope you find some peace. I think the beast is playing mind games with you; leading you to believe that you can moderate.

From what I have read, it just doesn't seem worth all of the time or effort obsessing over it.

All the best.

Comment

Just few thoughts

Oh, and your avatar is pretty creepy, I might add!

Comment

Just few thoughts

I tested and retested myself (no one could have convinced me) until i finally got it thru my thick SWEDISH skull that there is no such thing as moderation in me...Some can do it, some can't...I needed to find out which one i was....THE Can't !!!!
          sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Just few thoughts

Hey Swedish Princess i would love to come back here in 2 years and tell you that i can moderate now. How awesome that would be! One thing is certain if i fail badly in moderating i will stay AF cos i know i am not able to take alcohol withdrawals again. So I have only 2 options! Either AF or moderating. Drinking as i used to is not an option!

Comment

Just few thoughts

AFM
              My avatar is not creepy :upset:

Comment

Just few thoughts

LOL! IT is creepy!

Comment

Just few thoughts

Great answer AFM. I am a binge drinker, who can go for weeks , months and have done years without a drink, but once i start, i cant stop. I am an alcoholic for sure. We all come in diff shapes and sizes.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Just few thoughts

I am a binge drinker too. I can go without for a long time but when I put that first drink to my lips it use to be a 3 day binge minimum....

Comment

Just few thoughts

Network,
                      I think what you are not understanding is that many of us, have stepped out of the box (square) when it comes to alcohol. We have done it many, many times. It always ended badly and that is what eventually brought us here to MWO. For many of us, we did in fact read the book and learned much from the book. I can honestly say that it changed my life. I found my way out and I have watched it change many lives.

You have described your vision of modderating as being being able to get "Tipsy" without blackouts and hangovers. If you can achieve this, more power to you. But, this is not the carefully researched and proven method of moderating that MWO subcribes to. Yes, I do promote the MWO methods, that is why I am here.

It seems that you want to promote yourself and your own, yet, unproven methods here. I find your promoting of your hypothisis on moderating dangerous. Why? Because many who are still in the desparation of wanting to drink and looking for any reason or excuse to drink will follow just about anything and anyone to do so! I would be a hypocrite to promote such unproven flights of fancy!

Network, do as you want, drink or not drink as you wish. But, honestly, starting thread after thread promoting yourself and your ideas, yet, unproven are really getting old! I also believe that you are disrespectful of RJ and dedicated MWO members.

Kate
                      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Just few thoughts

network;525733 wrote: AFM
                        My avatar is not creepy :upset:
                        It reminds me of a well worn stuffed toy that i found in the parking lot at the Folk Park, in Stockholm...It was behind our car, in the mud. i took it to the office and showed them. They said that it must have been in the walls of one of the 18th century houses that they brought to the park...Finders keepers..so i brought it home and took it to our historical society...they went nuts..idenifing the hand made fabric and the button eyes and dated it to around early 1800s..His name is Gustaf and lives in my china cabenet...he could be your twin, Nettie ??
                        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Just few thoughts

AFM and Evie the thing is. Staying AF is too easy. Where is the challenge.I will probably stay AF cos im too scared to drink anyway. Life is good. I go to gym every second day, im learning spanish, i have more money in my bank. Lets be that way. Still no challenge..

Comment

Just few thoughts

Evie yeah, Gustav is my twin. How is he going? I think Sweden might be a little too cold for him. Tell him im coming soon. Take good care of him!!!!! or else....

Comment

Just few thoughts

ahhh the obsession(as AFM is calling it) with moderating started when i quit smoking. What does it tell me?

Comment

Working...
                              X