Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I figured it out

I really did!!!!!

Ok as most of you know i am AF now and i was doing great. No dramas, i was happy and everything was going ok until i decided to quit smoking.
    So i did quit, it was not easy but i managed. Now, as soon as i quit smoking i got obsessed with the idea that i should not be AF, i should learn how to moderate.

It is not alcohol devil talking here, NO, it is NICOTINE devil. My mind knows that the only way to force me to smoke again is through alcohol. HA im so glad, cos i know that it will pass. I know you all think i am nuts (well i am) but i am soooo happy now.

Good night and sleep well!!

Netty
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

I figured it out

Smart Network!
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I figured it out

Netty, good work! It will pass, but it might take a little time.You are doing great and its lovely to have you here!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

I figured it out

Wow.. who woulda thunk, huh?
        Nice going, mate... now keep yer guard up, ok?
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I figured it out

Thank you Startingover and Sunshine. I will keep my guard up. I need to change my avatar as well
          We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

I figured it out

Did the Rational Recovery website help you with this? Anyway, whatever it was, keep up the good work and best of luck!
            J

Comment

I figured it out

I love your avatar.. i could just chew it up!!! :H

Comment

I figured it out

WALLY said i ...

CAN Ripp up Nettys handmade DOLL? can you see me chewing on a piece of HAY!!! :H

Comment

I figured it out

hurray ... I for one am definitely pleased for you ...
                  ?We are one another's angels?
                  Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

I figured it out

Network, it is funny here. People post all kinds of things, there is an overwhelming amount of information. But each of us has to find our own answers. I'm glad you found one, I bet there will be more. Hang on here and you will find your own path.

PS I like your avatar.
                    My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

I figured it out

I LOVE your avatar!

Comment

I figured it out

A good theory Network.
                        When I stopped smoking many years ago, my drinking increased, so maybe I am part proof of your test theory! Did you weave your avatar yourself?

Comment

I figured it out

You know, Network......you just may be on to something here. The Alcohol Beast and the Nicotine Beast working you to get both what they want. Let's see what you do with this new found information. You say you are a warrior.....seems to me this is a valuable piece of intelligence.

Don

Comment

I figured it out

network;525784 wrote: I really did!!!!!

Ok as most of you know i am AF now and i was doing great. No dramas, i was happy and everything was going ok until i decided to quit smoking.
                            So i did quit, it was not easy but i managed. Now, as soon as i quit smoking i got obsessed with the idea that i should not be AF, i should learn how to moderate.

It is not alcohol devil talking here, NO, it is NICOTINE devil. My mind knows that the only way to force me to smoke again is through alcohol. HA im so glad, cos i know that it will pass. I know you all think i am nuts (well i am) but i am soooo happy now.

Good night and sleep well!!

Netty
                            Yes, it will pass. The evil duo AL & NIC. :b&d: :goodjob:

Comment

I figured it out

Yep very familiar with the evil twins Al and Nico!
                              We had a thread about that a while back and some of us came to the conclusion that we were smokaholics rather than bog standard alcoholics. Smoking enabled the drinking and drinking enabled the smoking but if you managed to get rid of one you effectively got rid of both but you do have to fight the fight on both cravings or a combined cravings for a while. The L-glut is good to help with this.
                              BH

Comment

Working...
                              X