• Show
Clear All

just wondering

Sweet dreams to you too Karl, dream and plan your new life
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

just wondering

starting: thankyou, your support alone and the support from here helps me think and realise the good points of karl. and for that i owe alot.

im in a sad depressing place in my life, after all that has happened in the last little bit, but im trying my best to climb out and make myself 'well' for lack of a better word.

thankyou and all the best

karlito the prick of a drunk, but sober will break my back for you..

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

Comment

just wondering

i think its membership time in the next few days, im wondering what happenes in that deep dark place i can not access.( kinda pisses me off, what if i missing something good, like gold stars, deep secrets. hehehehehehe night all

Comment

just wondering

Hey Karl. You sound alot more positive today mate. I had a terrible couple of days last week, and today is really the first day of feeling normal again. Which means the cravings are back. Its a vicious cycle isnt it?
          Have u tried Kudz. I have found it really helps with my cravings.
          Take care mate.
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

just wondering

Unfortunatley i had to not subscribe this month due to lack of money. Oh i miss the free lobster, massages, 24crt gold stars......
            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

just wondering

cymru, i havent tried any supps. im on some meds for depression and not sure if anything will affect them, although the drinking i probally not a good idea either

its weird you posted i was just looking at who was online and you can to my eye first. weird
              hope all is well and your doing your best.

Comment

just wondering

SHIT free lobster. man that just anoys me more.. all this time i could be eating fine food, why didnt someone tell me. hehehehe i shall see u there soon

Comment

just wondering

You should be in bed!!
                  I take prozac and kudzu...seems to be fine

Comment

just wondering

I take prozac and the Kudz too. For some campral works too.
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

just wondering

now go to bed!

Comment

just wondering

Karl,

I would echo what everyone else has said. When I was in my late teens/early twenties, I used to be able to drink any guy under the table and be proud of it (all 120 lbs of me). I now know that this high tolerance for Al at an early age is a classic symptom of someone who is predisposed to becoming an alcoholic.

Once you cross the line, i.e., start blacking out, become dependent on alcohol on a daily basis, etc., there is no turning back. You really do have to stop or at the very least attempt to moderate and stick to it.

I tried several attempts at moderating but now I know that I just cannot drink and I am fine with that.

Only you know what is best for you. I would suggest taking a look at what impact Al is having on your life. Also, if you have a history of alcoholism or alcohol abuse in your family, that ups your chances of being prone to alcoholism.

Be well.
                        M3
                        AF Since April 20, 2008
                        4 Years!!!
                        :lilheart:

Comment

just wondering

As has been said before, this problem is progressive. It leads to unspeakable pain...
                          "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

just wondering

G'day Karl. Re-hab was mentioned in an earlier post. You said you didn't know of one near you. I haven't been to one, and i don't know whether you're considering this road, but just for your information, there is a place called 'The Buttery'. I think in northern N.S.W. It's a long term, live in re-hab. Alcohol, and other drugs. I hear good things about it constantly. I think they have a website. Either way,
                            All the best..................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

just wondering

Hey Karl,

I'm no expert, but I don't like the idea of smoking drugs to keep the urge to drink at bay. You'd be swapping one mood-altering drug for another and - by your own admission - you've been a big-time smoker before, so you know the story. Guess we've all seen people who spend their days just zonked out on weed. They'll tell anyone who'll listen about their amazing plans to turn their lives around, while in reality they can't get beyond reaching for the next smoke. Hope this doesn't sound like too much of a rant, as you're obviously on the right track, reading posts and asking questions.

Comment

just wondering

Guitarista : hey i have not heard about that place before. i cant go to rehab or anything like that as ive just started working for myself. so no chance of any time off soon, need to keep making money while the times are good

Monica: so true, lol reminds me of when i was younger, had all these grand ideas, while stoned, i wanted to be a window washer on high rise building because i though it would be cool to be stoned hanging up there. lol

im not sure about al abuse, in my family. my step dad drinks a lot, but my real dad doesnt drink much at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X