just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wondering

i have always been known as the guy who can drink and drink and drink and not seem or be pissed, ive done it for years. i could drink myself stupid, and still come across sober to the 'out side' world,

why is it in the last year things have changed and now blackout, become a prick, law problems ect?

is it something in our brain that stopps working?

i know it was the same with weed, smoked my self into oblivion every day morning to night quater a day habbit for years, and all of a sudden after years of smoking, all of a sudden, cold sweats, paranoir, seperation from the world passing out sweating yet lying on a cold tiled floor ect?

is it a defence system or something? could never get my head around it

cheers

karlito

an alcoholic is someone you don't like, that drinks as much as you do

just wondering

Is it your body and minds way of saying enough is enough?
    I know I never used to suffer from drink and drugs as much as I do now
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

just wondering

hey starting, yeah i thought it might be something like that, so well hyperthetically what if one decided to have a smoke every now and again instead of drinking, would that be ok?

Comment

just wondering

this has been happening more and more to me, it s scary when ive seen how much i ve drunk in the morning, but my mum( who ive moved back in with) had no idea id even been drinking, detox in 2 weeks aafter blood tests come bk, trying to get on a list for rehab fingers crossed

Comment

just wondering

Not trying to be funny Karl but a few people on this forum have handycapped kids including myself..I used to use the word retarded in a dorogatory way myself..So not blaming you and like i said not being funny...Just a heads up..I dont want you to offend too many people.
          I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
          One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

just wondering

oh shit sorry i didnt mean it that way, im very sorry, i would never say hurtful things to people.

i will change the wording now

Comment

just wondering

Karl, your brain chemistry has changed due to alcohol abuse. It happens to all of us. I was once a good time gal that could drink men under the table and still walk straight. After a few years everything changed for me when I drank. I ended up blacking out, being irrational and mean to people; had problems with the law.

It is time to kick AL to the curb. It never gets better from here.

Comment

just wondering

No problem mate...Like i said i used to say stuff like that myself..
                I don't care who you are...Your not walking on water while i'm fishing..
                One drink is too many... A thousand is never enough...Sober since July 2nd 2009

Comment

just wondering

Karl1981;525856 wrote: hey starting, yeah i thought it might be something like that, so well hyperthetically what if one decided to have a smoke every now and again instead of drinking, would that be ok?
                  Well, I know from my own experience that the only way for me was to give up anything that affected my mind in any way...I cant just have the odd drink, odd smoke or anything else occasionally without it overtaking my life...

Comment

just wondering

this time i will,

its terrible isnt it. good for you at looking at rehab. im too much of a wuss to even think of going to rehab, im not even sure we have it here. my ex was in a mental hospital before i met her for a bit. and she said it was terrible. like hell..

so that alone scared me shitless.

accountable for me: im trying my best to kick the habbit. just seem to fail all of the time. still working on myself, and hopefully good things will come my way

Comment

just wondering

starting: i know what you mean its either all in or nothing.. i just find 'life' outside work boring and lonely.. and need my crutch to excite things in a kinda sick way..

Comment

just wondering

Oh, I totally understand that Karl, thats why I drank and drugged for as long as i did. I thought i would never be happy unless i was high.
                        Then when I knew I had no choice, I had to start to make a life for myself that I enjoyed. I am still working on that, but i can honestly say, that life is SO much better and I am so much happier since I quit all the crap.

Comment

just wondering

starting: i understand, im now reflecting on my sober period, and how hotties would want to talk to me pick me up ect. probally because i looked 'better' sober ect.. my minds totally on this now, just trying to work out whats the best way for me. as you know i live in a house full to the brimm of al, its hard to say no... and i cant get rid of it cause its not mine...

looking at homes to buy for myself so maybe that could be a totally new start for me.. a new 'karl' if you like.. a new page to my life.. xox

Comment

just wondering

You are a star Karl!
                            Women love a sober bloke, they dont love an out of control, drunk one.
                            How can we look up to and admire and lust after someone who is dishevelled, not making sense and possibly aggressive?
                            You go for this my friend and if you give it a good shot, you will soon see your life turning around x

Comment

just wondering

i better be off in ten. its nearly 4 am here and i have to do quotes at 3 tomorrow. boy i lead a crazy life. im either up late to early hours in the morning, because i have quoting to do, or asleep early at nigh cause i worked and have to work the next day. exciting stuff...

thanks all sweet dreams and see you tomorrow

Mac: hope all is well and i didnt offend too much, i didnt think about others and what it ment to them. used the word for not what it really means mearly slang around these parts :0 all the best

Comment

Working...
                              X