Boredom and drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boredom and drinking

Lately I feel pretty good. I have a stretch of 90 days with a slip up on New Years Eve. I'm ok with the idea that I may never be able to drink again but I don't know why my cravings get stronger when I'm bored. It has been slow at work due to the economy and the winter weather leaves little to do after work as its cold and dark. I am sure I have alittle seasonal disorder. Anyway, I was just looking for some creativity to get through all this.

Boredom and drinking

kat what about walking??? start slowly then build up pace and distance. its addictive- honest. get a good pedometer weightwatchers do a great one that measures distance and steps and aim for 10.000 steps a day as a minimum. there is no such thing as bad weather just inapproriate clothing so wrap up warm, be safe and seen and keep walking. great for your mind body and soul! boredom is a curse so keep busy and get fit at the same time , good luck let me know how you manage to fill the time as im sure you will get some great suggestions here.
    Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Boredom and drinking

Hi Kat - Exercise is really important. Hit the gym. Find a friend and go to the movies. Volunteer! Join a book club - lots of libraries have them in the evening.

Comment

Boredom and drinking

Thanks guys, Two questions.

Wally22, how do I begin to learn to knit crochet ?

Keepwalking, Good advise, I would like to take my dogs with me but am concerned about the cold and or the salt on their paws. Any advise ?

Booklvr123, Thanks, I do have alot of books I have started and mean to finish. I just need to get remotivated.

Comment

Boredom and drinking

kat my two dogs come everywhere with me, dogs dont worry about cold paws they love it, not sure about the salt though?? perhaps a paw soak in a bowl on return. is it icy where you are or just generally cold as its winter?
          Keeps x:happyheart:

Comment

Boredom and drinking

Keepwalking, Icy and chilly. Maybe I better call my vet. We do walk alot in the summer as it is warm and light when I get home. I'm in northeast Ohio.

Comment

Working...
            X