Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers, and good thoughts needed

Hi all,
    I am not one to ask for this kind of help, but right now I am feeling VERY helpless, and not sure what to do.
    Two days ago, in the middle of the night I got a phone call from a friend of my brothers that they had just returned from the hospital. He was suicidal, and hopeless, and because he had been drinking they had no bed for him???????????

THAT MAKES NO SENSE to me.

After two days of pure emotional hell, this morning he was admitted to a recovery center. He has a bed for 30 days. He can leave freely if he chooses. He is not allowed any contact during his stay.

I hope to GOD he has the strength to do this.
    I don't want to bury my brother.

Please send out any prayers or positive thoughts that he will find the strength to take this first step in saving his life.

I am a mess....:upset:
    This just has to work.

K
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

my thoughts are with you

Comment

Prayers are with you and your brother Keeta...also try to imagine him in a better place, imagine him smiing and sorted..all these things will help.
      Take care x
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Thinking of you both. Fingers & everything crossed that he stays the whole 30 days and comes out feeling better & much more positive.

Try to look after yourself right now, there is absolutely nothing you can do except keep thinking positive thoughts for him.

AC x x x x x

Comment

Thinking of both of you. Keep strong and take care. x
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sending prayers of strength to you and your brother, Keeta. Stay strong.:h
            ~K.

Comment

Adding you and your brother to my prayer list Keets.
              Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Hey Keets - your brother and you have a candle lit in my thoughts and prayers. Your example will have aan awesome positive effect on him. Are you allowed to write?
                *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Hi Keeta, I will put you both in a special both, stay strong.
                  Live your life in such a way that
                  when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
                  Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

hi keeta,i wish your brother well,only he can want it,but i also wish you strength to deal with this dilemma,a lot of time in life ,we forget about the family that suffers the pain of exhaustion. watching us make a mess of out lives,my prayers are with you and your family gyco

Comment

Sending you and your brother strength. I pray daily that my brother will also see the light one day.
                      "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

keeta,

I went through the same with my younger brother. He had a 21 day stay, though. He made it through and has now had over 4 years AF and NF (narcotics).

He wanted to leave after the first 3 days. It's quite a shock to the system, I guess. I called and visited him as much as possible. Wrote letters and encouraged him to stay.

My thoughts are so with you right now I can't even begin to put them in writing. PM me anytime if you need to. It's a rough road.

Be
                        "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Thoughts and prayers are with you and yours Keeta.
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I am so sorry you are going through this right now. Hopelessness and despair is an awful place to be. You are in my thoughts and prayers as well as your brother. Put him in God's hands and try not to let it sap what little strength you have left. Just pray for him without cease. I had to do this with my oldest son who is a crack addict and still on the streets after many years. It is the hardest thing we can ever do, but we must remember that our shoulders are not large enough to carry the burden alone.

I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts daily! I am feel your anguish and pain! I pray for healing and sobriety for your brother and for continued strength for you!

Blessings,
                            FROGZ~

Comment

Prayers to both of you...
                              Take care of yourself !!
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X