I've Got All The Tools, But No Desire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone, I've got the Topa, all the supps, the CD's, but what I really need is the desire to do it. Since I broke my arm in October, I have been on pain killers until recently. The doc prescribed Neurontin which is similar to Topa, and has been in trials for addiction. What I need is the desire, the will, to go forward. It is a daunting task. All those pills, finding time to listen to the CD's--God, I need some support. How do I make myself want to quit drinking?

Kay

Great to see you here Kay
    I do hope the arm is much better. No one can give you the desire. For me it's pretty simple as I destroy my life pretty quickly with one bender. I am here for you.:l
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Hi Kay,
      Wow, do I identify with you. I just posted about the time you did with sort of the same question. I need to get more desire and motivation too. I also have all the tools. I think it helps me to post here. I'm going to make frequent posting a priority and I'm going to try to begin tonight. Have you every gone A/F before? I think one reason I didn't last long when I tried this before is that I didn't post. I do think it helps a lot and other people are motivating to me.

It sounds as if you're off the painkillers now so that's a huge thing. This may be your next step. I will be here if I can help.

Time2live

Comment

Imagine that you are a radio receiver and your thoughts are are like signals coming in from different broadcasting staions...you can at any moment, choose to change the channel.
        Change your thoughts, change your world. Try it...visualize it...it works for me..
        sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I find it helpful to go to the post about what you hate about alcohol. It's so so so easy to forget. That is what is so insidious about it. You forget the pain, embarrasment, the loss of self worth and esteem, the broken relationships and just the plain shit that drinking brings to our lives.

then, if you have ever gone af, try to really focus on how you felt then, the positive aspects. I had a good few years af, and they were really really good years.

I wish you the best, and do try to keep posting, even if you are still drinking because i think it will utlimately be helpful.
          no time like the present

Comment

Working...
          X