30 days for me tomorrow....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tomorrow will be 30 days AF. I can't believe I have done it. Sadly, I do not get to try moderation after that Knowing I would love to have a drink....desperately would love to have a drink). I know that is not a choice for me so I will keep adding on the AF days to my tally. But on the bright side I have been holding on to a spa day gift certificate for a special occasion and i think this is it.....so tomorrow i will be thinking of you all as i reward myself with an hour long massage, 45 min pedicure and manicure. the really funny thing was they asked if i would like to add an adult beverage to my package. "NO Thanks, I don't drink."
    I must suppress the beast within so I can find my way out of the darkness.
    sober since 2/4/12

Big Congrats to you starfairy,

Glad to see you're going to hold onto those AF days even after the 30. And what a great treat. On words and up words.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Congratulations Starfairy!! Trust me, there will come a day, when the thoughts of "Celebrating" will not include thoughts of alcohol!!! Besides, even after 30 Days......you must admit, the Spa Day sounds way better!! Enjoy!!!
      xxxxKate
      A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Well done Starfairy...hope you are feeling mighty proud......Enjoy the spa!!
        sobriety date 11-04-07

Comment

What a wonderful way to reward yourself! WELL DONE!!!! Be proud of yourself and totally indulge in that spa day!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Well done, Star Fairy! Hope you enjoyed every minute of that massage etc.

I'm 4 wks AF today, so I had a massage. It felt great to do something so relaxing and good for my body, when it's been used to mighty hangovers every weekend, and the resultant binge-eating of junkfood, on weekend days.

God, I wish I'd saved all that booze money in a jar for massages and similar, all those years. That's what I'm doing, in the future.

Comment

well done
              there is no shame in losing a fight,, only in winning

Comment

Well done Starfairy. Keep adding to those AF days ! The rewards just get better all the time.
                Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Wow Starfairy! Great for you! Enjoy that massage!

Comment

Good work Starfairy!.......................Congrat's to you too Monica!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Starfairy,
                      Congratulations! Welcome to your new life, the life you deserve. Finding other ways to reward yourself is an important step in recovery. Otherwise, you feel deprived.
                      My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Many congrats star. Its a wonderfull feeling to get those 30 days under the belt.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Very well done! Keep it going and enjoy your pampering - you deserve it!
                          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Starfairy, I knew you could do it...from your very first post...I just knew you could !!!
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Yay, Starfairy!! :goodjob: Keep going!!!
                              sigpic
                              Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Working...
                              X