Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 24th January 2009

Good morning troopers!

Well, Stupid Starty did it again...left her nicotine patch on all night and was wide awake at 4.30...will i never learn??

I have been thinking a lot about our friends here who are having a tough time, either through drink or drugs or life in general. Can we say a prayer or light a candle for each and every one of them today...and if its you, there is no harm in praying for yourself...Thanks guys...

So, whats everyone got on today? If the weather holds we are going out for a long walk somewhere out in the country. That always makes me feel better and gives me proper thinking time and not just brooding time. Not that I have been brooding lately, since finishing work I have been a lot more content and much less tired. But I do want to start putting a plan into place for myself, no big pressure, just afew ideas....

Anyway, whatever you are doing, have a great, peaceful and sober day.
    xxx

PS Oney, hows wobs hangover? I wont say serves him right....but it does
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Morning Starts and all to come.
    Erin has just gone home. Had a great night, and just wish i could of spent a bit more time with her, but hopefully ill see her again this weekend. She said the curry was awsome and that when i have friends over i ''so have to make it'' for them! She really does make a world of difference to my mood and well being when shes home.
    Starts, the doc put me up to 40 mg of prozac yesterday and today is my first dose, so im hoping it will help with my inability to get myself 'up' some days.
    Will light some candles in the house today. One for myself and ones for those hurting. My prayers are with you all, and i appreciate the prayers in return. x
    You must of been lonely this morning starts!
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

It was a bit lonely :-)
      So glad that erin lifted your spirits..that is so important to know that they CAN be lifted. When I was at my worst, nothing would lift me, I thought I had to end my days feeling like that..
      I am so glad the doc put your dose up, I hope it helps. Did he offer you anything else to help?
      I had a review of mine last week and they asked me if I wanted to start coming off, I dont yet, I MIGHT think about it in the summer, but not right now...and also, if I still dont feel comfortable I will stay on it...

Comment

No, i mentioned antibuse, but he wasnt keen for me to go on it. He gave me the impression that he didnt like the drug much. We had a good chat though. He is leaving the sugery to become a psychiatrist.
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

do you think he helped you at all?

Comment

Hi Starts and Cy - just ducking in and out to wish you all a happy Saturday.
            Have just got in from work - a very busy Saturday night.
            Oney and Limers and co - had some AWESOME diners in tonight visiting from Dublin - TOP NOTCH folk..
            Cy - glad to hear you had such an uplifting time with your Erin - the kids just put the icing on the sobriety cake at times ay mate...
            Well, I have an early start tomorrow - long day coming up so it's hello and goodbye for now, thoughts and encouragement with you all x x x x.
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Yes and no. I dont think his knowledge of alcoholism was great, but he wasnt the sort to just fob me off. I felt he took a genuine interest to how i was feeling and what my plans for the future were.
              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Sweet dreams Kap. Speak tmr at some time. So glad your enjoying work.
                To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Hiya Kapo, good to see you my friend!
                  Get some good rest and see ya later on hopefully x

Thats the trouble Cy, so many professionals do not have a clue about addiction. It looks lke you will have to go out there and find your own help..
                  Whats next?

Comment

Have you ever heard of this starts Narconon UK Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centre
                    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

No, but I am going to have a good look. Would you consider rehab?
                      When I sought help for my drug problem, my GP threatened to commit me to the nut house...no other help was offered. Needless to say I left and never went back...

Comment

I would consider it for sure. Im taking it ODAT at the mo, but should i have another bad bad binge then i have the number and i will call. I have given myself a rule there. One more massive cock up and its rehab. Def. The day after my last bad one, you posted that you thought maybe I needed more help than just my MWO family. That stuck with me for a reason I think. x
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Morning Oney. Agraphobic....is that like, he's accused you of being a spider or something....
                          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I think you are right to seek extra help...what about some counselling as well? You saw a counsellor before, how about doing that every week for now...and get yourself to AA, or some sort of sober group? Talking and seeing people who are living a sober life might be a good thing? You know, everything you can add to this defense will help you as well as making you feel you are actively doing something instead of just waiting for the next time...

Comment

Cy, I am not nagging, I just care...well, maybe nagging a little but I just cant help myself :-)

Morning Oney.
                              Agoraphobic??? what did you say "and you're ugly but I can get help with my problem!"

Comment

Working...
                              X