Last night tried some wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So last night hubby got home to make dinner at like 8pm. Made dinner and when we sat down to eat he grabbed a beer and I decided to have a glass of wine with dinner. (Haven't drank al all week - FYI) I did and there was one glass left in the bottle so I had two. Can I say that is probably the worst experience with alcohol I have had??? After the first glass I felt tipsy and after the second I almost felt nausious (SP?). It was all I could do do lay on the couch limp like a lump because I felt so uncoordinated. Now I am sitting here with a headache. Is this why normal people stop at a couple drinks? Maybe when your drinking daily your body is so used to the influence of alcohol that you don't feel these things....anyway it was awful!
    Anyone else experience this?
    Going to take some Ibuprofen and drink some water so maybe I can get to the gym later.
    Dove

I don't know why you should feel nauseous at two glasses Dove, but I am glad you did.

A great deterrent.

Comment

Must say 2 glasses usually is by engine warming up, but dont take it as a bad thing dove!
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

So much of the alcohol thing is psychological. Sounds like you are letting go of Big AL.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

one is good, yes,no, i don't know, i didnt feel that way,i am sorry you had a bad experience, but to some its like gagging on your 1st smoke,i cant imagine smoking three decks like i did 30 years ago, no more then drinking a bottle of whiskey,i hope normal returns for you fast, good wake up call,Dove and good luck to you gyco

Comment

Your body have not detoxed enough to experience that reaction to wine for that reason. But this can be allergy reaction. Are you still trying moderation or what is your goal now?????????

Comment

Yes ... That did happen to me, although not the nauseaus part. When I've gone AF for a week and than drank one beer, I would catch a buzz, by the second beer I was drunk.
              AF since 1/2009

Comment

One day 33 I had half a glass of wine and ended up with a scorching headache for the rest of the night. Totally, totally not worth it! Now I'm into 7 months and only kid-induced headaches!:H
                You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

Ever since I started the vits and supps, I feel much worse after consuming less AL than I used to.
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I agree with gyco, it's a wakeup call. Wow, I wish that would happen to me. Obviously the husband harping on me in the morning after is just not doing it other than making me really annoyed
                    :crazymonkey:Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.? -George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                    X