Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cravings

prehaps someone could give me some advice here
    im ok af for 5 days even 10 or 15 days then i go back on it ..... i think sometimes im not good enough to be well , maybe its to do with something i my past i dont know
    i just wish i can carry on those af days without sabatoging myself
    aa is right never pick up the first drink
    im in group for nearly 6 months now its ok some people there are worse off then me
    some guy last week was suicidal i tried to help thats all i can do
    my mother can hardly walk anymore i get help with social services etc
    sometimes im worried if she dies whats going to happen to me i have no housing ill be kicked out tho i have put in a appeal for housing if god forbid somethig happens
    my brother phones me " have you been productive this week"
    he lives abroad
    i can t get carers allowance etc
    anyway
    all the best people
    jay

cravings

jay42;528519 wrote: prehaps someone could give me some advice here
    im ok af for 5 days even 10 or 15 days then i go back on it ..... i think sometimes im not good enough to be well , maybe its to do with something i my past i dont know
    i just wish i can carry on those af days without sabatoging myself
    aa is right never pick up the first drink
    im in group for nearly 6 months now its ok some people there are worse off then me
    some guy last week was suicidal i tried to help thats all i can do
    my mother can hardly walk anymore i get help with social services etc
    sometimes im worried if she dies whats going to happen to me i have no housing ill be kicked out tho i have put in a appeal for housing if god forbid somethig happens
    my brother phones me " have you been productive this week"
    he lives abroad
    i can t get carers allowance etc
    anyway
    all the best people
    jay
    I am here...and I CARE...What do you do when the cravings start ???
    Have you read the tool box thread ???
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

cravings

sometimes i wish i was back in school and the only thing i had to worry about was homework
      but those days are long gone i cant go back , a lot of my friends are dead
      have to keep on
      ill be ok

Comment

cravings

Jay, know what you mean! Looking back, high school seems so simple. Back then, it was all drama and trauma! Boy, didn't we think we had it rough? :H Now each day is a struggle and I would love to feel so lighthearted and free.

Comment

cravings

Jay,
          You have friends here, you know. People do care.........I care.

It`s tough at times, Jay, but it really is `mind over matter`........allow yourself to matter enough to storm through those cravings. I promise.........it does become easier, given time.

Star x
          Formerly known as Starlight Impress.

Comment

cravings

Hi jay, don't know you well, but always like your posts and somehow feel i know you through them. ihope you, and i, can find a way through this.
            :boxer: Get the hell out of my house, Al, you worthless bastard!!

Comment

cravings

hang in there, Jay. It sounds as if you have a lot on your plate, but I can tell from your comment about helping the suicidal guy that you are much stronger than you think and have a lot to offer.

I am sorry about your mother--that must be tough--and your worries about housing. I think one way to keep busy now to avaoid drinking is to do research on your options for the future. That way you will be prepared and will not succumb to alcohol under the stress.

Keep coming back here.

Comment

cravings

looked at photos of candace shes gone many years ago i try to forget i cant i want to forget and let things pass
                its not self pity its a gap of my soul and all the other friends who have gone
                im ok whats the point of the gym whats the point of anything
                i need my meds raised

Comment

cravings

Jay, if you spoke with each person here, each person that you encounter each and every day....you would hear stories of great loss, heart break, tragedy and terror. Betrayal, fear etc. etc. etc. These things are painful and we don't want to feel that pain. We drink or take drugs to try to dull the pain, but only end up in a pile of self pity and worse pain. But, the thing is, this does not help us...this drives us deaper and deaper into despair.

Jay, you often speak of Candace, when you are in the state that you are in today. I ask you, why can you not celebrate the memories of Candace? Why can't you celebrate her life? Why do you torture yourself as you do? Jay, more meds, more drugs and more alcohol are not the answer.

I truly hope that you can find your way out, out to a life that is lived.
                  A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

cravings

You're a lovely and sensitive man Jay.
                    You've helped me through a lot of pain and I'm very grateful for that.
                    People say that time's a healer, but sometimes we don't want healed. We don't want to forget a good thing that's gone, but like Kate says, good memories can be celebrated and enjoyed. It's getting the bad ones to lie still that's the problem.
                    I can't offer anything more constructive because I haven't been through what you have. You're doing all you can in a difficult situation and that's admirable.
                    Stay strong Jay and don't let the ba*'$&ds grind you down.

Comment

cravings

thanks for the replies . yeh ure right i do go over and over things in my mind . esp the past....... thats what im trying to do now to celebrate and rember the good things and not dwell on the bad /sad things if i can do that im on the right road
                      best wishes
                      jay

Comment

cravings

hi jay good post,no one ever said life was easy,people come and people go, its been like that since the beginning of time,for me to pass the time, cause of the many injuries Ive sustained thro lifes rewarding times,sarcasm?hahahhaa as many have said look at the good times,we can never change what has been, but we can improve the future,i do wish you and your mom well,hope today is a better day gyco

Comment

cravings

Jay--I am not sure who Candace is, but I can feel the pain of your loss.
                          The best thing you can do is celebrate each day in honor of her--by making it a good, safe and sober productive day.

Could you do some volunteer work in her memory?

Comment

Working...
                          X