my only friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my only friend

So sorry this is happening in your life...There is great hope to begin recovery here on this site...Stay close and post often so we can get to know you better.
    sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

my only friend

BabyShambles

Sorry to hear u lost your best friend. I'm sure it's only temporary. Let's hope u got the bruises after you got home and not in a bar or restuarant somehow. That's scary. I would send her an I"m sorry card and try to explain your problem. In the meantime pick yourself up, dust yourself off and continue the fight. Don't drink! :elk:
      Starting over again
      ray:

Comment

my only friend

give her a few days

and call her with extreme remourse. I wouldn't want to know all of my escapades -- especially in college. My wife found me one night passed out in the rain curled up around the grill. Not a pretty sight. In fact, that was 3 days before I went AF -- I am on day 23. Maybe this is your wake-up call.....go for it!!

Comment

my only friend

Sorry to hear this also... I know the pain of waking up and not knowing what you said or did, you just know it was BAD!

If your friend has said your friendship is over, my guess is that it has nothing to do with her love, care and concern for you; but maybe she endures hurtful things you say, or is tired of hoping for a nice evening with a friend, but feels like she winds up being the babysitter and this has become a pattern. At some point, she has to put up her boundries of what she will and will not stand for. It would be like falling in love with a great guy and everything is peachy for a long time... bonds are formed, but then he starts drinking and ruining all of your times together. Do you continue to date him? Does it mean you do not care and love him? Probably not... but sometimes people have to say, "I can no longer subject myself to this any longer." It is about their own protection of their heart and emotions, not that they do not care anymore about you.

I think you have recieved great advice about waiting a few days. Your friend may be feeling angry that you messed up her opportunity to meet someone she was planning to meet and is probably feeling angry and resentful right now. I think if you acknowledge it and truly express your apologies that she will at least accept your apology. But do not expect her to want to go out with you for a while, or maybe again. Sometimes we have to accept the consequences of our actions. I certainly would never drink with her if you have the opportunity to spend time with her again.

Focus on your own recovery, and the relationships will take care of themselves. People you thought would never trust you again may surprise you.

Much hugs and strength to you. :l
          If you do not live the life you believe, you will believe the life you live.

Comment

Working...
          X