SLIPS AND HUMAN NATURE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SLIPS AND HUMAN NATURE

i read this in a script by doc silkworth who treated 17000 people with drinking problems from late 1930 s to 1960, the figure could be off,stangely enuff why do we feel like we do, we stop and start,we no when were not with AL we feel better,but the thought of drink remains,weeks,months and even years, we still think of it,disease or not,he goes on to say,if you you had t.b and were told to go home and keep your diet up you would feel better, so you do, until strangely enough when you get better you don't heed the advise anymore and all over again your sick,as to with heart patients, exercise but there are limitations, so you limit, as you go on you forget the principles and again another heart attack, as with drinking we do the same,day after day, month after month and if your fortunate years, and then that one instance, famous old words,just ONE,then the cycle has a good chance it will start all over again,your thoughts i here it a lot desease or not have a great day gyco

SLIPS AND HUMAN NATURE

Thats our addictive nature I think Gyco, we conveniently "forget" the bad stuff when we begin to feel better...we just remember that warm buzz, which incidentally for me, was only good for about 30 mins if that at the end until I ruined it...it seems our brains are hardwired to take the easy way....
    Nice post, thank you for sharing.
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

SLIPS AND HUMAN NATURE

thnx starting laterr off to take a shower and then watch tennis and then church then family for dinner as you say stay busy hahaha gyco

Comment

SLIPS AND HUMAN NATURE

very very true.. gyco thankx for sharing buddy
        :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
        best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
        X