First Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Week

Today is 7 days AF for the first time in a verrry long time. I started lurking here alittle over a month ago and became a member my first AF day 7 days ago. I know I wouldn't have made it through day 2 and 3 if it hadn't been for the support I got here. Thank you all for that. This last week I've spent alot of time here reading the other post.

My goal is to stay AF period. I don't want to try moderate drinking because to be honest I don't want 1 or 2 drinks once and awhile. When I drink I want to drink alot all of the time. I don't want to me like "normal" people who only drink once and awhile. I just want to be me(who ever that is?)only not drinking.

Thank you again for all your support. I'm trying to take this one day at a time but looking toward the future.
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

First Week

Lilmea...well done. Keep looking foreword and never look back.

Comment

First Week

Thats a great attitude Lilm. Keep up the good work.
      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

First Week

Welcome aboard
        I cannot Mod either, "One is too many, a thousand is not enough" Thanks to MWO, I have had more AF days in the last six months than I have had in the 4 years prior to being here. Hang around. Great support.
        "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

First Week

Lil, you are doing great and it sounds like you will continue to do so. Very well done and remember it keeps on getting better
          Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
          Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

First Week

AMEN keep it going you are doing a great job be proud and yes keep looking to the future..
            lilmea;528917 wrote: Today is 7 days AF for the first time in a verrry long time. I started lurking here alittle over a month ago and became a member my first AF day 7 days ago. I know I wouldn't have made it through day 2 and 3 if it hadn't been for the support I got here. Thank you all for that. This last week I've spent alot of time here reading the other post.

My goal is to stay AF period. I don't want to try moderate drinking because to be honest I don't want 1 or 2 drinks once and awhile. When I drink I want to drink alot all of the time. I don't want to me like "normal" people who only drink once and awhile. I just want to be me(who ever that is?)only not drinking.

Thank you again for all your support. I'm trying to take this one day at a time but looking toward the future.
            :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
            best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Working...
            X