Army thread 26/01/09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army thread 26/01/09

Im going to have a look at Cobden on google earth.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

How you goin' there Cy?...Yep, weather great here. Although 40c forecast for rest of week. We need rain.........Caught the tennis a couple of times, but don't follow it much. I take it Murray is a Welshman?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

He's a Scot G. Celts stick together in sport and gang up against the English!!!
        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Cy. I know. Irish/Scottish blood here.........

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

cymru;529463 wrote: Im going to have a look at Cobden on google earth.
            LOL, Cy - DO IT!!! If you could get it "live" on a Thursday morning (benefit day) you would have a field day! Priceless!
            Gat - yes, thanks I am well. Clean and sober since 17 December now, so clocking up some good health and positive experiences. Had my dark moments, many in fact. Not in one at the moment - great big PLUS! You sound well too, my friend! Am not sure if we are able to make it to Iron Maiden's forthcoming concert over the hill in Christchurch, but would love to. Do you ever come to NZ, Gat?

My work colleague (whom I mentioned is having huge bender in recent post) is probably one of the best bass guitar players I have ever heard - played all over the world, and with many top names. It is dam sad. His name is Tony - I have known him in music, AA and restaurant fields of my life for about eight years now. Prayers would be totally grateful, guys! He joined MWO under name "Stingray" at my prompting him a few months ago. (have JUST remembered that!)
            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Cy. Are you watching the tennis?....can you see the fireworks?

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

hi everyone , it will take me all morning to write al the names,hahahha , and by missing one it could make me feel guilty,i dnt no if its sad news,my wife's mom has been sickly for years, of course she was my second mom, cause mine passed when i was 18, she passed yesterday at the fine age of 85,she was a strong christian women and i no shes at peace now,and in a better world,just someting that caught me, sleep,when my wife and i were bringing up our little ones , 4 of them,hahah, they called me rabbit, then i tied a not in it hahah, we worked together,i no a lot of you have yungins, when your tired do your husbands help,i no when the wife had the kids she was pooched, I'm not patting myself on the back, but id lay by the crib or lay in the bed with them till the slept, do any of your s help out, just curious gyco

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Hey Gy - sorry to hear of your loss mate. Death is sad and grieving is necessary, no matter how old or sick the relative/friend has been. Metaphorical candle lit for you and yours Bless you

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Kap. I'm not a religious man, but saying a prayer for your friend. I used to do a similar routine, isolation and all the rest of that hell. I hope he can pull himself out of that bloody horrible spiral.
                    I haven't been to NZ in years..(Auckland with an Irish band in 1997) but will get over there again sometime...great people, and country..

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Im watching Tsonga v Blake. they havent shown any. Bloody BBC!!!
                      To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Thoughts and prayers are with you and family Gyc. She will be in a better place and at peace now.
                        To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

Gat - THANK YOU! Your wee prayer will mean lots....I am not what the world would call religious either. What I DO know today, however is that AL is bigger than me, but something is FAR bigger that Al, and that is helping me stay sober. God/Allah/Budda/Spongebob/Mr-T!!! Don't really care! I just know there's something! Blessing to ya, mate x

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

G'day Gyco. Sorry to hear of your loss. Take care friend.

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

The isolation is one of my biggest problems when drinking. I dont have contact with the outside world(except the local spar!) for days at a time. Ignore phone calls, people at the door. Everything and everyone. So selfish and i dont like myself for doing it.
                              To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Army thread 26/01/09

SIGH!! Well, it is almost midnight here, so off I plod to me cosy bed, look forward to catching up when I awake in the morning, just as you guys finishing up your Monday!
                                All best of peace and joy for you all

Serenity Unity Strength Sobriety

Comment

Working...
                                X