FOR WOMEN WHO DO TOO MUCH: DAILY REFLECTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FOR WOMEN WHO DO TOO MUCH: DAILY REFLECTIONS

I've been away a while (missed you all) and made some wonderful steps (listened to this advice!). I hope it helps someone else. These are daily calendar quotes, etc., and I'll just list a few I read during my travels.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 13, 2009 Check out your "martyrdom quotient." Martyrdom has been (and still is) one of those roles that is acceptable and tempting for women. No one benefits when we fall into it. When we choose to be martyrs, we shortchange everyone around us -- and ourselves.

TUESDAY, JANUARY 15, 2009 "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage" Anais Nin
    *We have the courage to make tough decisions, we have the courage to stand up for others. Do we have the courage to say "I'm tired"? "I need time off"? "I don't want to do that"?

MONDAY, JANUARY 19, 2009 SPA DAY This year we are recommending a "spa day" every month. You can't afford if? You can't take the time? Nonsense!! It can be at home or in the spa. We will start with one half hour and add a half hour each month, culminating in a six-hour spa day. Okay? Are you game?

TUESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2009 "Friends may come and go, but enemies accumulate." Anonymous
    Gathering enemies should not be a lifetime occupation, and neither should avoiding the making of them.

WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 21, 2009 Did you know it is often more efficient to stop working than to push on? Recharging is as valuable as anything else. The mistakes we make when we are tired may take even more time to fix.

THURSDAY, JANUARY 22, 2009
    "My dear, I'm never off duty except when I'm in bed -- and not always then."
    This could be perceived in many ways, and the point is well-taken.

FRIDAY, JANUARY 23, 2009
    WHAT WE DO FOR "BEAUTY" Our women ancestors have left us a legacy of beauty insecurity. Women have a heritage of being willing to do all sorts of harmfuland disrespectful things to their bodies to make themselves more "beautiful". This year, we will take a look at ways we have been willing to distort ourselves for "beauty." Some are funny, some are painful. We have gone from corset stays to botox -- how far have we really come?

SATURDAY, JANUARY 24, 2009
    "A man who can recognize a woman when she does something good and acknowledge it, is a real man -- and that separates the men from the boys." Mary Anderson *Real women like real men.

SUNDAY JANUARY 25 2009
    Sleep is sacred!

From the Page A Day Calendar, Workman Publishing
    sigpic
    Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
    awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:
Working...
X