• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honesty

Oh yes...

I'M NOT RUSSIAN

Just in case anyone thought I REALLY was... :H
    Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Honesty

'russian' WAS IN quotation marks...

My old message said 'I'm not Russian, just strange...' but in Russian.

Useless.
      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Honesty

Changed it now anyway, just to be certain.

Comment

Honesty

I did all my relapsing, and all of my (many) efforts at controlling my consumption, on my own... Not the best possible route to recovery, but that's how I did it.

Absolutly honest. The reason I'm here is because I know I can't do this on my own. If I had a slip and then lied about it-well-what good would it do me. I admire the people who have had slips and had the courage to come here and admit it.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Honesty

Vlad - you totally crack me up. :HI love anyone who speaks of themslves in the third person. And i very much admire you honesty.

I like this site because people seem to be able to say they have slipped and everybody is supportive. i am also going to aa, and i do find it helpful, but i don't feel so comfortable talking about relapsing there. i someday hope to be totally af, but i need a space to work our when i fail. and mwo is great because people seem quite honest, everybody's journey is so different and varied. cyberspace is great for the freedom it alows
            no time like the present

Comment

Honesty

You trying to tell us something network ?

Apologies for my continued scepticism ...
              ?We are one another's angels?
              Sober since 29/04/2007

Comment

Honesty

honestly honest

I think it would be a betrayal of trust to come on this site and be dishonest.

It would also be extremely unfair to those of us who come here and spill our guts and share our deepest thoughts, our worse times, our biggest fears and shames. We stand here naked before you in all our pain and struggle!

Yes, I have often lied to friends, family, coworkers...even strangers. But in MWO the point is to be truthful. If you mess up, you will get support, understanding, advice. If you stay on track, you get accolades and applause. There is not a place here for lying.

Don't mess with a good thing. No one can help you if you are dishonest.

Comment

Honesty

I started using Drink Tracker to enable me to be honest with myself, as well as others here. When I've had slips, the thought of not telling has crossed my mind, but then, what would be the point of coming here at all?
                  My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

Honesty

Heavanly,
                    I have not sleep yet, so i'm honest. HAHA
                    Seriously if i sleeped i would need your help here, as my hangovers are cruel.
                    Heavanly why all the scepticism?
                    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Comment

Honesty

I think to be dishonest in this situation would be ridiculous. You would really only be lying to yourself.
                      :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Comment

Honesty

Extremely honest. How else am I going to overcome this.
                        Starting over again
                        ray:

Comment

Honesty

Honest...to a fault.
                          I say to a fault, because I am normally so disgusted with myself after slipping, I get extremely distraught, and sad, and become overwhelmed emotionally, and it shows in my posts.

But that being said, what would be the point of coming here, and lying about being AF. What purpose could that possibly serve?
                          Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Honesty

vlad;529626 wrote: VLAD IS TRANSPARENT.
                            LOL, Vlad - so is Kaperooney! My spelling would go right out the door for starters!
                            Honesty with regard to my recovery undoubtedly the most important part of my ongoing sobriety, and for those who do drink and post, and say they are not, well THAT is OK by me too - you just never know when the metaphorical light will flick on, and honesty usually comes at some point for those genuinely wanting a better life, AF.
                            All best to you x
                            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Honesty

i enjoy being totally honest here...it just feels good.

Comment

Honesty

This is interesting, but I do not come here say I had a drink every time I have a drink- we are all trying to reach out own personal goals here- and if they do not tie in exactly with someone elses, I have seen in the past that has been frowned upon- therefore if I go out one night last week and had three beers because that is what I had planned to do, I do not see that it is necessary that I come here the next day to report my misdemeanour-in fact I think it would make quite boring reading. However others find it helpful to report when they have had a big slip.

I think the site should be used by the individual as he or she feels appropriate- not as a place we have to reveal everything we have or have not done by default.

I was recently quite sad to see a member (who reported she was proud of herself because she had managed to get through a few social occasions without getting completely drunk) criticised because her goals were different from those of others.

Comment

Working...
                                X