Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honesty

Hi all,
    I was wondering how honest you are with your posts here about your alcohol intake.
    Does it happen that you are trying to hide your drinking even here in completely anonymous environment?
    We are your friends. You don't need to be alone again. So come along.

Honesty

For myself, i am totally honest. When im drinking i rarely post, sometimes for days, which isnt like me! So my MWO buddies know ive been drinking, or prob have, cause they know my routine. I am honest about it when i come back online. If I cant be honest here, then who can i be honest too? Certinatly not myself.
    To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Honesty

Mine were dishonest in the early months...then I figured out that Slips were a part of almost everyone recovery process and to deny them was not showing my true recovery process...
      I think a big part of lying about slips was because of the (forced AA and ala teen that my mom made happen)...I saw people ripped apart for saying they that slipped. I have been on this site for over a year and have hardly seen anyone that slip during their recovery.It posible to just stop and stay stopped but i won't bet money on the ...the odds don't seem in their favor.Now if I drink again, I know i don't have to try to deny it...I wouldn't be proud of it but i would use it as a learning experience and move on from there.
      Check my gallery...I posted your twins pic.
      sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Honesty

Net, everyone has to find their depth here, like Cym & Evie said. But it's so much easier to come here and say I drank, or I'm moderating, etc. than some other places. This is where we work on what we do and why we do it, and what the repercussions are to everyone. We CAN be honest, we CAN be ourselves. It's the first place in my life I've felt that way, honestly. I was in rehab, and I got called on the 'mask' I wore, trying to present, say, be, what others expected. Here, I'm me. You can be too. Be REAL. This is your chance!
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Honesty

VLAD IS TRANSPARENT.
          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Honesty

Completely honest here. If not here, where else?
            There are so many here that know so much more than I do... that have been working on getting past AL for so much longer and have incredible insights. I don't think there's any concern that you get 'ripped apart' here - so I'd see no reason to lie.
            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Honesty

If I had a "slip" I would stay away from MWO as I was too embarressed/ashamed to admit to how I had failed. With time I realised that I was only hurting myself by not putting it out there that I was batteling and needed support.
              "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

Honesty

vlad;529626 wrote: VLAD IS TRANSPARENT.
                This is absolutely true! Vladdie is the poster child for honesty as far as her daily intake, something she is admired for greatly, even when the results are detrimental to her! She is working hard, and her honesty is a great plus!:goodjob:
                sigpic
                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Honesty

I haven't slipped since I quit, but if I did I would say so.
                  sigpic
                  Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Honesty

100% honest here

Comment

Honesty

Def would get straight back online for inspiration and validation that I am not alone in the struggle eg: I have a mild vodka hangover, drank because my uncle lost a friend to cancer yesterday and he was drowning his sorrows, felt I should ' keep him company ', I think I'd have been of more help with a clear head!
                      Sober since Jan 17th 09
                      Smoke free since 20th Nov 08 :H

Comment

Honesty

I'm with Deebs. I am honest about what I am doing... if I were to start drinking again (and by that I mean any alcohol consumption, at all), I would be much more likely to just stay away from here, than to lie about it. I admire the people who come here while they are still struggling with the decision-making and commitment-making process... I did all my relapsing, and all of my (many) efforts at controlling my consumption, on my own... Not the best possible route to recovery, but that's how I did it.

Comment

Honesty

I am completely honest, always. Yep - no hiding it. It holds me accountable for my actions and I think that honesty helps others here.

If we were to pretend that our AF lives was easy; and give the illusion that we never relapse, etc... then I think this site wouldn't be helpful at all. For those who are honest and struggling, it may give them the sense that they are failures and will never get it.

We are human, and we make mistakes. We all learn off of each other here. That is what makes this community wonderful. I, for one, have had a TON more AF days over the last 2 years than I had in 5 years; aside from my pregnancy.

I think it would be horrible for us who look up to the long term AF'ers as role models if they portrayed they were sober, but actually weren't. That would be really shitty actually.

This is a safe sanctuary for us who want to get AL out of our lives. What is the point if one can't be honest about themeselves?

Comment

Honesty

vlad;529626 wrote: VLAD IS TRANSPARENT.
                            I think that Vlad deserves a huge round of applause...no, I mean a standing ovation for her honesty. I have seen her take alot of FLACK for that honesty and she stands her ground and tells her truth ...She is a huge role model for me and am proud to call her friend.
                            sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Honesty

I post honestly here. If I've screwed up, I post it and I find it helps me. I get support and get back on track. If I were to be dishonest then coming here in the first place would just be a waste of time. Mine and others who post. I'm not always proud of my choices but I do my best to talk about them on here, offer help and ask for help when I need it. I always get help when I ask. And it always helps me.
                              "Action is...the enemy of thought." :l Joseph Conrad

Comment

Working...
                              X