Never give up....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never give up....

But that's exactly what I did. I stopped following the plan and failed. The crazy thing is I'm not even sure why. This is a very hard time of year to live where I do. It's been very cold and depressing. You get "cabin fever"where you want to go out but it's too cold.... I could give a million more reasons but they are only excuses and I know it. Drinking is so much a part of me, but not the me I want to be. I am so mad at myself.

So here I am, starting over....again.
    :flower: I'm not as good as I'm gonna get, but I'm better than I used to be.

Never give up....

Welcome back Akgirl. Just remember Spring is right around the corner; around ... around... Heck! It will come eventually.

Comment

Never give up....

Akgirl,
      I get sesonal depression. This year I put those new twisty light bulbs (energy savers) in all my lights. The clear bright ones not the soft white ones. On those dark cold gloomy days I turn on all the lights.

I also drug out the dreaded treadmill. I'm only doing about alittle bit on it each day but it's helped.

Do you have any hobbies. Reading", puzzles?

So welcome back. learn from this and move on. :good:
      AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Never give up....

Lots of hobbies.......zero motivation

But I am NOT giving up!!!!!!!!

Comment

Never give up....

Sorry akgirl. I always fail too. Over, and over, and over. It gets so tiring at times, this falling down. Sounds like you are continuing to fight, and its good that you recognize, that as cold as it is up there, it's just a bad excuse to drink. I always have an excuse too. They seem legit, don't they? Haha. It's just the devil in disguise, but you already know that. Hang in there, and you'll be feeling better in no time.
          where does this go?

Comment

Never give up....

AK, just keep trying. I get the impression that many folks came to this site and started their journey to be AF long before they actually made it! It's part of the process for some. I have been trying to quit on my own for years. I just joined this site, and am still not successful at being sober. However, I have made great gains, accumulating an increasing number of AF days and learning. The important thing is never to give up.
            Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Never give up....

morrison;530040 wrote: It gets so tiring at times, this falling down.
              So very tiring. And with everything else, somedays the battle is just too much. I need to find a better way to handle stress.

Comment

Never give up....

its all part of the learning prosess.. it will make you strong learn from it use it ,remember it and just do your best girl .. the next time if there is a next time but i hope not .. come here and write how you feel.. let us help you thur it .. love you friend and hey i went ahead and made up magnete signs for the truck looks awesome girl .. thankx again for the logo.. stay strong and think positive
                :beach: life does change as long as you are willing to change yourself ..
                best thing about the future it comes one day at a time..

Comment

Never give up....

If you NEVER GIVE UP...you can not fail. It is just a matter of TRY, TRY AGAIN...If I can get and stay sober, i know you can...just don't ever give up.
                  sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Never give up....

Thank you, this place and you all mean so much to me.

:l
                    Ak

Comment

Never give up....

I know the feeling

I complain about winter depression and I live in TN now. I used to live in a northern state and we have much more light and warmth than those states so I would find AK almost unbearable.

I had the same thoughts though -- what am I going to do in January other than drink? the pub is right down the road and I have friends there -- I can shoot pool and have a merry old time. I went back sober and it wasn't nearly as fun.

I am unmotivated frequently now but I force myself to the gym -- it really starts to help afte a while -- 23 days AF and it finally is starting to feel good.

I also wanted to feel really, really good when spring finally does arrive and truly enjoy it. I don't want to be hung-over all the time and not have my senses. Should be pretty cool.....Good luck -- you can do it!!

Comment

Never give up....

ak,
                        big hugs and tons of love for you girl.
                        You can do this. As long as you never give up you ARE making progress.
                        One day at a time.
                        Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Never give up....

ak girl, i got a "northern light" that mimics sunlight and found it helps with seasonal affective disorder a bit...that, exercise and a good diet.

please don't beat yourself up over a slip.

ps. that new beagle baby pic is adorable!

hang in there my friend!

Comment

Never give up....

akgirl - I didn't mean to copy your thread title! I don't get much time to visit the site and read posts and didn't see yours.

Anyhoo... don't give up girl!!
                            FINALLY -- I'm a non-drinker!!

Comment

Never give up....

Hi Ak girl. I always enjoy your posts, and your great sense of integrity, and humour. With Spring and summer just around the corner, and this learning experience under your belt, i think you are really gonna kick some arse this time. Don't stress too much...........................G.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Working...
                              X