Army thread Tuesday 27th Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahoy there all - just starting today's thread before I head out for a wee walk along the beach. Had the day off today, and it has been mostly good except for one emotional upset which threw me for far more than a six at the time - but got through it without a drink - fucking miracle, all things considered.

Hope this finds each and every one of you well rested and donning your camo colours for another day of sobriety!

I WILL BE BACK!!!!
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

kapo,
    Looking out at the snow, how I envy you being able to walk on the beach!

I am sorry you had such a bad upset today. STUPENDOUS job staying away from the drink!
    Got an extra pair of camo pants for me?? :H
    Striving to live life without ALCOHOL

Comment

Morning almost, Good for you kapo...it's so difficult when we get broadsided. Glad you got through.

I had the most terrible day, back to the divorce, husband telling me one thing and doing another. I am bouncing off the walls. But I got through Monday not drinking, amazing, most amazing. I even went to an AA meeting (with a speaker) thinking that afterward I could stop and buy some wine and just drink it. But I did not succumb.

This is day 32 for me, and I was doing so well, on meds, and my cravings were suppressed for 30 days. Now I am craving again. I so much like it better when "it" is just not on my mind...oh dear. I wish for everyone today as you read this thread, you are not having the cravings, that your thoughts are on positive and healthful roads. ODAT.

As always, thank you all for being here, I could not do this without you.

Comment

Hey there, Keets and Ocean! Great to get home and see you both here! Keets - I have known you since I have been here and it is ALWAYS so good to see you! Darl - you are wearing your camo pants RIGHT NOW! You are an armyster! Bless you and I would adore a bit of snow at the mo!

Ocean - what awful crap re: your divorce and all that emotional upheaval. I am thoroughly awed by your 32 days in the face of all this> You are a true inspiration. You are living proof of what I mean in my signature that "serenit is the CALM WITHIN the storm" - bloody awesome. Bless you completely, and GRAND to see you reporting here for army duty too!

Comment

goood morning all,,,
          To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

kapo,
            thank you for the welcome! You are always such a great support!
            OK, well, I have my camo pants, but the 1,000,000 dollar question is, "Do they make my butt look fat"??? :H
            Just teasing.
            Seriously though, I always love seeing people that are feeling positive, and working hard at fighting the good fight to beat AL. Together we can all DO THIS!

ocean, I am also sorry to hear you are having trouble with your ex. I hope it ends peacefully and soon for you!
            AWESOME job on 32 days

hello to all who will follow.

Hugs,
            K

Comment

hi cy

Comment

Kapo, Thanks for arming me up, now That I have some fighting buddies on my side I think I can climb in to the ditch and take a bit of sleep,:heart: feeling a lot safer

Comment

Morning all, hope you are all well x

Comment

Ahoy there Sweets and Cy! Glad to see you both here!
                    Keets - the beauty of camo pants is they are so very very flattering, when we lean over to tie up our STEEL TOE combat boots, we are envied the WORLD over! NO ONE, and I mean NO ONE messes with we of the MWO army!!!
                    How are you doing, Sweets? Hope you fighting fit!
                    Ocean - rest in the assurance that we have your back covered whilst you have a snooze!!

Comment

Wow, a busy army to start the day!
                      Kapo, WELL DONE!!! you are rocking it girlie..I hope your upset is calming now...just remember, that life throws these shitty things from time to time and we deal with them and then we get stronger...pm me if you want to chat sweetie...

Keeta, a huge welcome to you! Its great to see you here! I have my combats on too, not sure if they make my bum look big either :-)

Oceana, ANOTHER success, 32 days. Awesome! Yes, those cravings will come and go from time to time, especially when times are tough, but remember, they will go and the worst thing you can do is feed them. Stay strong my friend.

Cy, are you ok today? you seem a little quiet?

Sweets as ever, its lovely to see you here, I hope things are settling for you hun.
                      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
                      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Hey Starts - thanks for that .... I have a visitor here at the moment, but when she leaves I plan to stick around for the rest of the evening on the thread - shall fill you all in on my LONG "moment" - was not nice.
                        Cy - HELLLOOOOOOOO!!! Hope you are ok mate!
                        See you all again in a wee while x

Comment

Catch ya later Kapo x

Comment

bonjour all!!
                            To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

Pretty damn fine here oney. Its foggy and frosty and have not quite ventured outside yet...just working my way up to it....
                              Hows u?

Comment

Working...
                              X