ONE MONTH AF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONE MONTH AF

Just needed to see that in writing. It's been a while since I lasted that long. Feeling calm, relaxed and happy about it - no hitches or glitches, this time.

My boyfriend keeps 'jokingly' offering to buy alcohol for me. A pretty transparent attempt at sabotage, considering he doesn't drink, himself. I think he finds me more compliant, when drunk, if you get my drift.

Perhaps he's feeling a bit threatened by the way I'm dead calm about my decision, this time. He's even started saying things like, "You'll cave in. You always do. The longest you've ever lasted is 3 mths", etc.

Well I'm not bugged by him, just amused. Good luck to anyone else who's given up recently. I certainly feel absolutely wonderful, for doing it, at last.

ONE MONTH AF

Hi Monica - bloomin well done to you!

Don't think the BF is very funny though. Maybe it's his reverse psychology to keep you off the booze.

Keep at it.
    AC x x

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Howdy, Mons. GREAT progress darl. As for your boyfriend - he may be a "boy" but he certainly doesn't sound like much of a "friend" at all.....AT ALL. Stuff that for support - he sounds about as supportive as a charity shop bra.:H
      However, I say just keep up the good work - sobriety ROCKS....I am a little over two months (this time round) and just LOVING it! Great to see you here x
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Congratulations Monica!

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Very well done, Monica! Keep it going!

When I first started here and was plugged into the hypno CD's, my hubby would lean down and ask me if I wanted a beer. He thought he was being funny - not! But I think there is some fear there on us changing so drastically right in front of them. Best wishes to you, I'm so happy for you!
          You, as much as anyone in the universe, deserve your love and respect. ~ Buddha

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

hi Monica , very well done,be proud of yourself,i think over the day, you will get many happy responses, as far as the boyfriend is concerned,ouchhhhhhhh,he doesn't no much about addiction,i dont mean to lecture,to a person with an Al problem,i believe when i say it,i total sobriety or even one who could moderate after being in some of the stuations we have put ourselves in, is like being in paradise,what ever that might be,i also believe he cares for you or he would not of stayed,i'm also beginning to believe ,research is the utmost importance to maintain and be successful of beating this nasty,allergy,also talking and expressing a true desire ti rid yourself of the depression it causes us,again i'm rambling,many of us her do, i could name a few,but i do believe coming here has giving me that understanding,dang i never new i had this in me, until late, i do wish you well,always remember this is about you,if he is not gonna be supportive,of you,like the wind in the air,he should go away, again good luck to you gyco

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Congrats!
              "I've done it. I don't need to drink anymore. I'm free!"-Jason Vale

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Well done Monica! You sound totally at peace. All the very best to you!

(Not sure about the b/f... he wouldn't be getting 'any' if he was pulling shit like that with me!)
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Well done Monica.
                  Stay strong! At least you know you can get the support you need from all of us here.
                  "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it"

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Monica,

You are doing tremendous! It just gets better and better! Keep going!
                    "It wasn't all I wanted, but all I could stand!":bigwink: Alcohol free since April 8, 2008

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Congratulations Monica!

Don

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Thanks so much, all of you, for your encouraging and hilarious responses - some made me laugh out loud.

Kaponium: I cracked up at the charity shop bra reference - never heard that one before.

River 0123: I actually find it really funny that your hubby offered you a beer while you were listening to the hypno CD. But that's my sense of humour.

Aussie Chick: I'd never considered reverse psychology as my BF's motive. I don't think it was that, but I guess I could just keep smiling in my superior way and look on it as Al testing my resolve.

Sunshine gg: You are so right and I think I'm gonna enjoy being a stronger person, when I get used to it!

Gyco: You are right on the button, about research being the answer. I feel like like I've read 99% of all the books ever written on alcoholism. Well, it seems like that, anyway. Coming to this site all the time is the best research for me, though - if I ever wanted a drink, I'd just have to read here about the people who regretted doing that, and I'd be scared off. I also watch the alcohol episodes of A&E Intervention on YouTube and they curdle my blood.

Thanks, everyone.

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Monica

:goodjob: :applaud: My ex boyfriend use to due the same thing to me, but even worse, he'd bring me a 1/2 pint of vodka. He couldn't stand when I was sober because I could see how bad he was. Had to get rid of him. I'm not saying that's the case with you, but I would let him know that you don't appreciate it. I feel for you with all your going thru. It must be hard. Just look at how far you've come. Don't let anybody take that away from you. Keep the faith. I'll be praying for your strength. :elk:
                          Starting over again
                          ray:

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Congrats Monica-great job!! You sound as if the "light" has turned on and it's going to stay on. Keep on truckin!
                            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

congrats to you. But remember, the temptation will always be there- lurking and waiting for us to let our guard down- Just keep your armor up and continue to be strong!
                              DLW
                              Sobriety since October 2008 ( with a few bumps in the road ) - but I am still here, strong and fighting every day for my sobriety!
                              And every day is a challenge - But I am WINNING so far!

• Yesterday is History
                                Today is a Mystery
                                Tomorrow is a GIFT

Comment

Working...
                              X