X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONE MONTH AF

Congrats Monica! Very proud, very proud of you
    __________________________________________________ _

Love yourself enough to walk away from what no longer serves you.

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Monica, congratulations! You are seeing, with your new sobriety, the inhibitions and insecurities of your boyfriend, and anyone else out there who treats your plan and work towards it as a 'joke'. Ain't nobody laughing at MWO!!! You can REALLY stopped that juvenile behaviour by immediately confronting the 'jokester' and asking just what the hell their intention is, since you'll be glad to explain yours! This is serious as a heart attack---we don't need to play when we're doing it. I've been with my husband 40 years, married over 38. I know that's more than most of you can comprehend, but the facts of life have not changed. If Hubs thinks he needs me drunk to be more compliant, then he needs more time in a cold shower! I need someone with me who loves and wants the best for me, not what satisfies his needs. Change is always difficult, and I have changed quickly since my sobriety. Luckily, he is learning to accept that change, and to love the sober me, the person he first met so many years ago. Think about what is important to you. I promise you there is no more of a man's man than my Hubs, and if he can do it, any good man should!
      sigpic
      Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
      awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Monica,
        Congrats! You will enable your own success. That BF though doesn't seem to have your best interests in view.
        My life is better without alcohol, since 9/1/12. My sobriety tool is the list at permalink 236 on the toolbox thread under monthly abstinance.

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Excellent stuff Monica!

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Well, blimey monica, well bloody done! And i know how that sabotage thing works alright. there is that threat there. but its great you recognize it, that is truly very imporant!
            no time like the present

Comment

ONE MONTH AF

Congratulations, Monica! You sound fantastic!! Keep going......it keeps getting better!!!
              A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

Working...
              X