Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th January 2009

Good Morning Troopers,

And what a wet and miserable one it is in the UK! I cannot wait for spring I am sure all our spirits will begin to lift a bit then...

Cy, how are you doing today? Dont be a stranger buddy, let us know...

Off out into the rain now with the doggies....see you later x
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Hello there Startster! Hope you enjoying your walk and your dear doggies...warm very balmy summer evening here - another quiet night at work - home just after 10pm.
    CY CY CY - as Starts has said - GET HERE ASAP!!!! (Well, I say that anyway!) We are here for you and care deeply about what is going on with your slipping....TRY TRY not to make a "slip" a "landslide"
    *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

P.S NEUROGENIC - WHERE ARE YOU!!! I had gotten quite used to seeing you here with the Army - and just hoping you are ok? blessings to you x

Comment

Morning all. Well breakfast was a doddle and I really enjoyed working it. My poor car is going into the garage today so going to be stuck at home. Mum had left me a pile if ironing though do that will keep me busy.

Starts .... It's a wet day here too, very miserable but not gonna let it spoil my positive mood. Hope you have a good day x

Kapo ..... Glad you had a quiet night in work, if that's a good thing?

Comment

Morning oney, sorry missed you there. Glad to hear ava is feeling better. Hope mia isn't to Poorly with it.

Comment

Morning All!

Another lovely day here, and as usual I am running late.

When I first began watching the Interventions- a link came up for this one, so seeing the masturb***** word, being of a curious nature, , I clicked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5Pqo2dWsdM[/video]]YouTube - Intervention Masturbation Episode ** Banned by A&E **

I was quite shocked- it was only after watching a few more Interventions I realised it was a fake (I hope) it is very funny though.

Hope you are OK CY! You posted a link to a alcohol help/rehab in Hastings- they had a free helpline, and seemed to offer other services free- I know some rehabs have a certain amount of free places for people who cannot pay.

It was here:

Narconon UK Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centre

Well, have a lovely day all!

Comment

Hi there Wish, Ones and Marby. Bit of a mixed blessing for you, dear Ones - what with one child on the mend and another coming down .... wishing you all the strength and peace of mind and tranquillity to cope today x - glad to hear the sun is shining in your part of the world - Makes a HUGE difference I reckon, especially when reliant on legs for transportation!
              Yes, wish, a quiet night is not a bad thing! Not DEAD, just diners coming and going with enough regularity to be steady...so that was good, thanks! Ironing (apparently!!) is very theraputic - my mum used to love it - she would often put my music on (when I was in my teens and living at home) to iron to, and I would be sooo impressed (she quite liked Siouxsie and the Banshees!)
              Marbs - great to see you too - the wanking intervention sounds interesting, may have a wee peek!!

Comment

P.S - finally had a phone call returned from government social worker re access with my daughter. He recommended my seeing a lawyer for an access order....GOD! Why it has to come to that is beyond me. I am tempted BY THE MINUTE to send Helen a really NASTY email. But I won't .... I do derive much pleasure composing them in my head tho.....What do I do? I think I will email her one LAST time, but damned lawyers?!?!?!? sigh........

CY - PlEASE LOG ON AND LET US KNOW YOU ARE OK

Comment

Hiya Kapo, Oney, Wishy and Marby do!
                  All sounds well in the camps today so far?
                  Sorry about Mia though oney.....I hope you dont get it too...
                  Kapo, keep composing them in your head or on pc....DO NOT CLICK SEND!!!!!
                  Ironing? Whats that????

I watched the wanking intervention,,,I sincerely hope it was a fake..but I guess it takes all sorts :-)

Comment

kaponium;530914 wrote: P.S - finally had a phone call returned from government social worker re access with my daughter. He recommended my seeing a lawyer for an access order....GOD! Why it has to come to that is beyond me. I am tempted BY THE MINUTE to send Helen a really NASTY email. But I won't .... I do derive much pleasure composing them in my head tho.....What do I do? I think I will email her one LAST time, but damned lawyers?!?!?!? sigh........
                    Aw Kap- what a bummer. That woman sounds like a flamin' nightmare.

I really have no experience with anything like this, but I am gonna light a candle (I bought home a new pack from the shop yesterday, just for MWO, and I am going to light two right now- one for you, and one for Cy.

Comment

Marbs - thank you sincerely for the candle - that means heaps ay...
                      Oney - you are soooo very right about being all the "sweeter" pissing her off even more - thanks for that! I can do saccharine! Quite well, as it happens! Shall keep you all up to date with the progress.
                      As for ironing, I have never done it - EVER!
                      Off to bed shortly - just want to wish you all a great Wednesday.
                      Wishy - are you OK hon? Being as close to Cy as you are, and reading your posts on today's thread so far, I just want to give you a very gentle reminder to let you know we are here for you... X

Comment

Thanks Kapo, i'm ok, just really worn out by it all. It just seems never ending. I try my best to help him and to get him to seek help but it doesn't work. I try not to hassel him to much as i don't want to seem like i'm nagging and make him feel worse but i'm getting to the point where i am running out of ideas. His drinking is getting way out of control and the other night when he walked home drunk was one of the worst. It's a constant worry for his saftey and also what he is doing to his body by comsuming so much alcohol when he binges. My greatest fear is that i will lose him to drink and it constantly plays on my mind, i can't imagine being without him as I love him so much. Just wish he would realise what he has to lose by drinking and start seeking the help he needs to get him back to the Cy that I know so well. I know it's not easy and it's going to take time but he really needs to get help and i am willing to help him in anyway i can.

Comment

Cy, please listen to Wishy, or you will lose the best thing you ever had.

Wishy, you are one hell of a partner to Cy, he is a lucky lucky man.

Comment

Wish - you are a courageous, loyal, wise and beautiful soldier. I am at a total loss to add to what you are already doing - you are right on track. Whe our loved ones are like this, we have to let go, and "detach with love" - as it were. No easy task. I CAN say, however, that I am actually able to empathise. Many times last year I had happy healthy sobriety, and Vea would relapse after a week or so. It was heartbreaking, and he was very respectful in that he never drank at home or tried to encourage me - but it was very hard to watch him deteriorate very quickly. My prayers and thoughts are with you. Keep on doing what you are doing, and look after yourself. I am here for you x

Comment

Thanks Starts, i don't feel like such a great partner sometime as i really wish there was more i could do for him, but then there is only so much you can do for a person when there not active in seeking help for themselves. He has been to the docs and he wasn't really much use, it's time now that he got professional help in the form of rehab or something along those lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X