Army Thread 28th January 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK read through the whole thread. Just had to throw that caution in right away about the scientologists, I have done some reading about the way they operate and would not want anyone getting involved with one of their programs!

I am feeling very rotten, got a dose of food poisoning yesterday after lunch, and had pretty much continuous diarrhea and vomiting for about 5 hours, and it just wasn't getting better as evening came on... I knew I couldn't sleep, having chills and cramps, so for the first time in my life I got myself an ambulance! I was really too weak to get there any other way, and I knew I really needed an IV. I was getting scared because I have read about people dying from food poisoning lately.... Anyhow they fixed me up very well, and today I am much better. Not back to normal, but much better. Not sure I will be able to travel tomorrow (plans are to fly back to Florida).

Ruby, I'm glad you have good pain meds! Hope you don't need them much longer...

Cy, you know how concerned I am about you. Wishy, you too.

My own take on all this, as you probably know, is that it is often a huge waste of time, and a delaying tactic, to try to delve into "why" we do the things we do... why we should get some kind of rush out of behaving horribly.... or whatever. First off, there are always multiple reasons, many of them impossible to discover or understand.... Secondly, knowing the "why" does not usually give us a way to stop doing the things we have compulsions to do... it's like knowing "why" we have cancer. The "why" has nothing to do with getting over the cancer...

The answer has more to do with asking ourselves what we want our lives to look like... and behave in ways that will get us to that place....

Comment

marbella;531131 wrote: Well maybe not that one then, but even that might be preferable to the alternative? At least it would not be likely to kill you.
      Marbs, the Scientologists DO kill people...

Comment

Evie, It looks wonderful! So quaint!

Comment

Vlad, still waiting to hear about the little white box.........

Comment

It was a joke WIP. It was Cy who found the link last week and said he would call a helpline if he had another bad slip- I just re-found him the link this morning as I thought he might not be up to it himself.

I do not know the first thing about the place or indeed the Scientologists.

I am however worried about Cy after watching loads of Interventions this week- I think calling a helpline would be a start.

Comment

I agree TOTALLY Marbs, that calling a helpline is essential... just, not that one. The Scientologists are a truly nasty cult, and they have destroyed many people's lives...

Comment

WIP, how is the FL house looking?
                :l
                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Hi, LTG.... I am making progress on the house, but there is a huge amount left to be done... I have a painter working, some plumbing projects done, and some left to be done... probably need a new furnace... need blinds, curtains and some (maybe all?) new windows...

The new tile floor looks great... but the baseboards are still not painted and put back up...

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm having a busy day cleaning and ironing. The cleaning seems never ending. Givin everything a deep clean so the house will be sparkling by the time i've finished.

WIP, sorry to hear about the food poisoning. I had a bad case of food poisoning back in Nov and it was horrible. Hope your feeling better soon x

Comment

Blanchieboo;531141 wrote: Vlad, still waiting to hear about the little white box.........
                      It's just sat there on top of the server... and no I'm not standing on it to break it.
                      Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I'm back up. Have my wheelchair back out, so I can get around a day, 2 and not be tied to the bed. Don't want to get into politics/religion/etc. either, but just one thought on WIP's message, DO steer clear of Scientology, please. And, too, wondering why we can't drink like we want is sort of like me just lying on that frozen porch last year til now wondering why my leg wouldn't work like I wanted, even tho I'd broken it in 7 places! I had to get HELP! FAST! By the way, did anyone see the story about the woman who was 'surprised' when she had EIGHT babies in California Monday??
                        sigpic
                        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Yes, Ruby I did. Amazing. Reminded me of that character from The Simpsons.
                          Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I get hung up on some of the weird newstories out there. The one about the guy in Idaho who put his 11 and 12 year olds out to walk TEN MILES in the snow to their mother's on Christmas Day will always haunt me.
                            sigpic
                            Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                            awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Hi All,
                              A big welcome back to you LTG....you have been away for a long time. What have you been up to, my friend.
                              I am late today, yet again. It's 9:15 and I'm still sitting in my jammers!
                              Cy, Keep us posted on your search for the answer. I was not aware of how dangerous scientology was! Research is in order for you to find just the right program for you.
                              We have gray skies and cold air....I definately like our blue skies better!!!!
                              Wippy, What a scare...I'm glad you took the steps you did to get help!!!! Did you eat anything with pnut butter in it? They are pulling more and more things off the shelf every day!
                              Love to All, Krigs
                              "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Rubes,
                                Surgery went well...I hope? How long for the wheely chair?
                                "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Working...
                                X