Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 28th January 2009

LTG,
    Did you go to Pensacola and already pick a place to buy?
    "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey, Krigs! No, I didn't eat anything with peanut butter, but I did eat part of a pineapple upside-down cake that I bought at the grocery store, along with the soup I had made myself, the night before, at home. I ate the soup that night and it was fine, and I kept it in the fridge overnight and had it for lunch, along with that damned piece of cake... then, about 2 hours later, all hell broke loose!

Comment

WOW. that sounds like a nightmare!!! I'm glad you were smart enough not to go it alone without getting help. That must have been quite an adventure for you!!!
        "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Your house project sounds like it is coming along very well... any plans for your future? How has your Mom been doing as of late?

Comment

Yes Krigs, got to ride in an ambulance and the guy started an IV on me, while we were in a moving ambulance! Very impressive! I didn't care if it was going to hurt, just wanted some fluids started ASAP!

Plans for future... eventually moving to Florida. I plan to spend 4 or 5 months in the house, next winter, to see how it goes; before then, I'll be going back and forth to get things in shape. I'll have my next-door-neighbor living in the house, probably starting in March, and for about a year, while he demolishes and rebuilds his own house... he needs to put it on higher ground. SOOO if, in the next flood, my place gets flooded and his doesn't, I'll be staying in his house for a while!

He's a good guy and I think he'll be an easy roommate... and very helpful in a lot of ways.

Mother is pretty much un-changed. We just learned she has some serious skin cancers that are going to require surgery, but she's not a good candidate for general anesthesia. Don't know how that is going to work out...

Someday I hope to move full-time to the house in Florida... it will probably be in a couple of years... many things to sort out, though, before that is possible: mother, work, and health insurance.

Comment

My puter is hiccuping badly today! Glad you're better, WIP. I've had food poisoning, which was horrible, but was hospitaliized a week with salmonella -- begged for euthenasia! I did lost 22 pounds, tho! LOL. I can walk a little, but get around a LOT with the chair, and since it's mine, why not!
              sigpic
              Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
              awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

How long in the chair do you think, Rubes?

Comment

Wippy, I feel as tho I have much to do before moving from here....the first difficulty is figuring out where...hubby really wants Palm Beach County and I really don't (cost of living is bad there). Plus, it is too far from the kids and grandkids...

Comment

I understand, Krigs... it's no small thing. And the cost of living in some areas of Florida is pretty bad. I feel fortunate to have a place that has a small-town feel, but within driving distance of beaches, rivers, lakes, interesting cities, and very upscale areas... there's a whole planned community called "Lake Mary" near Sanford that is pretty amazing, I have mixed feelings about it... It kind of eliminates the need to ever drive to Orlando, which is nice. But it is pretty ostentatious, and I don't like that...

Comment

Have you been to the Villages in Lady Lake? It has 70K people.....that's where M & D lived before their recent move. It is now know throughout the country as a place to retire....
                      The growth in that whole area is incredible.

Comment

BRB,
                        I have to drive to work and I'll boot up again. I am very late!!!!

Comment

Is it quittin' time yet???
                          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Hi All. Wishy is still cleaning! Keeping my mind occupied. The car garage just called and my car has to stay there till tmr. They are still waiting for parts. It's gonna cost me a fortune but luckily he is a friend of the family so i can pay him in a few weeks time, will give me chance to save up.

How is everyone today?

Comment

Wishy...I could use a wise person like you to help me run the Inn...ever think of Florida as a possibility ???
                              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

Oooo, do I hear possibilities turning out here! Evie, tell me the weather's nice there today, 'cause it's windy and rainy and miserable here, I guess mostly since I can't get around much. I HATE not being able to do something!
                                sigpic
                                Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
                                awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

Working...
                                X