I fell off the face of the earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I left here to go on vacation and simply did not come back. But boy do I need tot be back here. And I need to get serious. I'm a mess and so unhappy. Today is Day 1 for me and I need to do some serious abs time. So, hope you'll have me back.

Hey, nomorewine,
    I think that's the name of the game here: "just keep at it". Heck, that's why I'm still around! A couple days ago, I was sort of feeling like an afternoon cocktail, so I got online here and read an article cv posted about the booze poisoning you.... OMG! Shut that desire to drink right off. For a while anyhow... SEE? I still need to be here every day too, so please join back in. We know what it's like!
    I'm very sorry you are unhappy. Those folks on the abs board are extremely inspiring and welcoming! They/we can hopefully help pick you back up and get on the path you were headed before vacation. Vacations are tough...ours starts next wk. Hope they have internet access!!!!
    Take care, come on back, and stay put! Got a nice comfy chair right here beside me (pat, pat, pat).
    Sorry, got on the wrong reply thing, and there are no smileys here!
    Take care, keep close,
    Becca

Comment

:w Welcome Back, NMW!!

The good news is that you're back here!! And we NEED you on the abs board!! Why? Because we ALL need each other--we need to share what we're going through and, even more importantly, we need to be there for someone else when we can't just be there for ourselves! So, we're here for you today--you'll be there for someone else tomorrow!! :l

It's a beautiful thing. Truly! And our motto for today (hat tip to Shas!) is Nemo's "Keep on Swimming. Keep on Swimming." Yep, that about says it all...

So, jump in on the abs board anytime (now would be good!)--and as often as you want! And keep on swimming!
      :h
      susan
      (And anyone else starting or thinking about starting a period of abs--consider this an invitation!
      "I'm a sucker for a good resurrection story." Anne Lamott

Comment

I've been away too!!

But didn't fall off the face of the earth--just caught up in long summer days (and my home office is NOT airconditioned so afternoons/evenings it's just too warm). I did abs in June, tried moderation for July, which actually wasn't too bad. I did drink a little too much several times, but what's great is that sometimes I just don't feel like drinking. So I don't. I always had that choice but I guess didn't recognize it. MWO gave me that choice. I'm probably going to shoot for abs in August, probably not total abs allowing for one or two more cookouts before the end of summer, but I've stopped calling around to friends for an excuse to drink. And going out to eat at a place that doesn't serve alcohol is not the "crisis" that it was before. ANYHOW-- didn't mean to be away (BOY did the site change!!!) I'll have to check out the new chatroom. Hugs to all! Ter

Comment

Working...
        X