I AM ALCOHOLISM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I AM ALCOHOLISM

I was given this by an old timer at an AA meeting last week. It moved me so much I thought I would share it with you.

I AM ALCOHOLISM

I am your disease.

I hate meetings, I hate Higher Powers, I hate everyone who has a programme. To all who come into contact with me, I wish you death and suffering.
    Allow me to introduce myself- I am the disease of Alcoholism.

Cunning, baffling and powerful, that's me. I have killed millions, and I am pleased. I love to catch you with the element of suprise. I love pretending I am your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, have I not? Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call me? I was there.

I love to make you hurt. I love to make you cry. Better yet I love it when I make you so numb you can neither hurt or cry. You can't feel anything at all. This is true glory. I will give you instant gratification and all I ask is long term suffering. I've been there for you always. When things were going right in your life, you invited me in. You said you didn't deserve these good things and I was the only one who would agree with you.

Together we were able to destory all the good things in your life.

People don't take me seriously. They take strokes seriously, heart attacks, even diabetes they take seriously, fools that they are. They don't know that without my help, these things would not be made possible.

I am such a hated disease. And yet I do not come uninvited. You choose to have me. SO many have chosen me over reality and peace.

I hate all of you that have a Twelve Step programme. Your programme, your meetings, your Higher Power all weaken me and I can't function in the manner I am accustomed to.

Now I must hate quietly. You don't see me but I am growing bigger than ever. When you only exist I may live. When you live I only exist. But I am here....
    Until we meet again, if we meet again, I wish you suffering and death that I may live.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, I don't know who it was written by but I think it portrays the sinister evil of alcoholism.

(I know MWO isn't aligned to AA but I still think this carries a strong message)

Lush

I AM ALCOHOLISM

Wow! Aint that the truth. Thanks for sharing that! I am going to print it off.

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

Good stuff.

I love the line...."When you only exist I may live. When you live I only exist."

How true....

Don

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

Thanks for posting this. I've read it before but forgot it's truth and power. I hope everyone here reads it.
        sigpic
        Never look down on a person unless you are offering them a hand up.
        awprint: RUBY Imagine yourself doing What you love and loving What you do, Being happy From the inside Out, experiencing your Dreams wide awake, Being creative, being Unique, being you - changing things to the way YOU know they can BE - Living the Life you Always imagined.awprint:

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

hi lush i printed that last June of 08 when i 1st came here, i was passed that in a class in treatment hits home doesn't it, what the world doesn't no was there motto will hurt them now ain't that the truth thanks for reminding me and the guy at AA is a wise one gyco

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

Mmmm, sounds like another 'ism' I know of... :H

Brilliant.
            Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

This post shook me to the bones...it is the voice of AL...and for a change he is telling the truth.
              sigpicEyes on the PRIZE, a SOBER Future !!!

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

:wow3:

I had never seen/read this before. Thank you.
                Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

Thank you lush. A powerfull post that hit home.
                  To Infinity And Beyond!!

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

You're all very welcome. It really isn't me you should be thanking....I'm just carrying the message. If it's helped anyone in any way then I will sleep soundly tonight

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

I am new here. I'm glad I found this website. I just started day one of my journey....I needed to read that. Thanks
                      RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

Thanks Lushlier,
                        I'm printing it off right now.

I think this poem speaks to all of us.
                        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I AM ALCOHOLISM

welcome April,
                          Come often, read alot, post. Get to know us and let us get to know you. There is alot of great support here.
                          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                          X