Army Thread Friday 30 Jan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh sisters... yeah, me too, my mother tormented my alcoholic father, drove him finally to his death... and drank herself, got drunk every night... Thank God we are not letting all of that write the scripts for our lives and families today, right? Let's pledge to that, OK sistahs????

Comment

The reaction drama bullshit. I was very cautious of that with my kids and I don't let anyone talk about family drama around Hanna because she is old enough to pick it up.
      :l
      LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

With you sista WIP! :h
        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

WIP, how's the house progress for today?
          LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Me too!
            Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
            Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

LookingToGrow;533577 wrote: The reaction drama bullshit. I was very cautious of that with my kids and I don't let anyone talk about family drama around Hanna because she is old enough to pick it up.
              well done you, kids dont need to be dealing with adults crap.

Comment

My father was a very violent man. He just to beat my mum and make her sleep on the kitchen floor. The one night he stabbed her (only made minor cuts) but i believe if me and my sister didn't get up from bed it would have been worse. We used to sleep in our clothes and trainers so we could jump in a taxi and get away quick with mum. The thing is my dads dad was a very violent man and he swore he would never be like that, but he tured out just like his dad, my grandad who i only met when i was 13 at my dads funeral, very dodgy man.

Comment

im lucky, my mum is gentle and lovely, my dad loved us and we knew it. Never saw any drinking, ever. No pubs, nothing.

Comment

House progress is good, just took a lot of time and money! The cable/internet guy just now left, some glitch... one bathroom is partly demolished but partly repaired! More to come, on that one! I have a contract for a fence to be built out back that will block my view of the neighbor's junky backyard...

Washer, dryer, and stove will arrive tomorrow. Still have made NO progress on windows or blinds/curtains. The painter is making progress... maybe he will be finished next week... I will have to come back down here in about 10 days to wrap all this part of it up.

Comment

Blimey, life has a way of dealing some viscious blows doesnt it?
                      Makes me want to wrap my arms around the lot of you and have a good sob

Comment

Wishy, holy God, how awfull.

Comment

A Work in Progress;533592 wrote: House progress is good, just took a lot of time and money! The cable/internet guy just now left, some glitch... one bathroom is partly demolished but partly repaired! More to come, on that one! I have a contract for a fence to be built out back that will block my view of the neighbor's junky backyard...

Washer, dryer, and stove will arrive tomorrow. Still have made NO progress on windows or blinds/curtains. The painter is making progress... maybe he will be finished next week... I will have to come back down here in about 10 days to wrap all this part of it up.
                          SO, WHENS MY PLANE TICKET ARRIVING???

Comment

Wish Upon a Star;533587 wrote: My father was a very violent man. He just to beat my mum and make her sleep on the kitchen floor. The one night he stabbed her (only made minor cuts) but i believe if me and my sister didn't get up from bed it would have been worse. We used to sleep in our clothes and trainers so we could jump in a taxi and get away quick with mum. The thing is my dads dad was a very violent man and he swore he would never be like that, but he tured out just like his dad, my grandad who i only met when i was 13 at my dads funeral, very dodgy man.
                            Wish, I am glad this time has past and you and your sister have the chance to make happy memories with the baby, like I do with my grandkids. That truly is a blessing :h
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

well im heading upstairs to give my kids an extra squeeze, I know we damage our kids to some extent, we are human after all but I would rather die than have my kids live in fear of what I was going to do next,im truly amazed how strong all you girls are. Im proud your my friends and I love you all.
                              Wishy , you are soo young, you need to give yourself a break..I hope to God you are going to go through with your course.

Comment

one2many;533597 wrote: Wippers, what are vicodin?? watchin Intervention...
                                Its an opiate oney

Comment

Working...
                                X