X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 31st January 2009

Good morning everyone!
    Happy Saturday to all..
    Yesterdays thread was so thought provoking and honest it was wonderful to be part of. Yes, it was painful, but the trust and support for all the situations we find ourselves in was incredible. Good vibes and lots of hugs to everyone who is having a tough time at the moment :l:l:l

Have a wonderful, peaceful and sober day and I'll see you all later x
    Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
    Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

hi starting,nice you started the thread,and yes yesterdays thread was really mind boggling,i find i have a lot of time on my mind,lots of time to reflect on the past, the think of drink remains, but the compulsion to do it, it not as bad,sick is not good,when you get to the point I'm at,all the destruction it [AL] caused,is it really worth it,maybe I'm maturing or just dont have the strength,aches and pains, the numb was good , at one time,but you pay the consequences later,we will trek on,have a wonderful day, all drop back later,gyco

Comment

Hey there starts and gyco - great to see you both. Gy, totally happy for you that your compulsion to drink has been lessened - what a great thing!
      I have clocked out early tonight, at 8.30pm - just very tired and am not going to overdo it as that is a dangerous thing for my recovery. Had a catch up of you guys thread last night - powerful and moving stuff.
      LTG, Oney, Wish and all you who have had pretty rough childhoods - my heart goes out to you all, and my sincere applause for who you are today. You are miracles!
      I was extremely fortunate to come from a reasonably "normal":H family. The worst incidents in my memory is really but a joke....my dad got on national telly when he fireman's lifted a blonde on a charity telethon thing, and when he got home, my mum was SOOOO not impressed she drew a face on an egg (raw) and said": "Laurie, this is YOU. You are an egg" and proceeded to crack it over his head. We kids scarpered to our rooms because the shit then hit the fan...... :H :H Defo not badly.
      Anyway, just wanted to help start your day with a bit of a chuckle all....
      I am relaxing at home now on this Saturday evening in old track pants and t-shirt with a book. GREAT!
      *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Greetings Trooper's! Hello Starter's, Gyco, and Kap.
        Gyco, you're a handsome devil aren't you?! How are you there Kap?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good day to you gat! I am pretty dam good ta...enjoying a night of peace and quiet (relatively) with my feet up reading a book. How are you matey?

Comment

And yes, indeed, our Gyco certainly has a debonair look about him!

Comment

All good here thanks Kap. Just been recording some acoustic sort of 'country roots' stuff with a mate. Finished most of it. Guitar playing excellent as you'd expect ;-) And later in the week, we'll finish vocals..........So, a productive day here!....

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Debonaire indeed!..That's the word i was looking for....

Comment

That is FANTASTIC, Gat - I am thrilled for you! What a groovy achievement. I am a very teensy tad jealous, but in the most positive and friendly of ways!!! WAY TO GO!!!

Comment

Kap. Do you have/are you making time for your music?

Comment

FOR SURE, Gat - fortunately have expanded my horizons a wee tad. Bar manager at my new (ish) place of employment very keen and competent rhythm guitarist, we are having work "do" on Feb 19th, and I will do vocals on some covers we have been practicing....3-piece, me, rhythm and drums (I shall also play a little bass)....had a few wee jams and working very well. Very middle of the road stuff, 90s hits (yawn) - but all the youngsters REALLY like it!! Methinks it is a bit like how I used to adore Led Zep (still like 'em, of course) - when I was 19 I thought I had invented them, sorta thing!

Comment

Cool1...I love trio's. I've got one going at the moment. Sort of heavyish instrumental stuff.....

Comment

Sounds cool, Gat - GOD I would love to meet you and do some jamming! What fun that would be! I am grateful for the work gig, as it will be an excellent excuse not to be seen drinking.....not that anyone has bugged me or hassled me at all, it is just one of the very few areas of my life where NO ONE knows my alcoholic history, and I really am enjoying it that way....

Comment

Kap. Also, at this work gig, you'll be busy playing too, which kinda helps as a distraction i reckon. It keeps you busy doing what you love for half the night..............

Comment

Re- No one knows your al history, yep, you'd kinda know you're not being judged on some thing else. etc.............I for one, don't really care if ppl. know i've been a drunk in the past.(typical shameless lead guitarist!) ;-) But, i suppose in a smaller community, with kids and all that?.............

Comment

Working...
                              X