RE: Ireland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My poor Irish-colleen heart is a'breakin'. Although I live in the USA, my heritage is 100% Irish--my grandparents on both sides came over from Ireland on the proverbial boat after they married.

I have been to "the old sod" several times--once for a whole summer and recently for two weeks with my daughter. And I know we have MWO folk from the Emerald Isle. I have NEVER seen pot stapled to the menu. Nor have I seen children drinking. I think this perpetrates the stereotype of Irish being a bunch of drunks--okay, don't count me, but still.

s?och

LOL Upnorth... yeah, I had a chuckle, too when I read the pot stapled to the menu thing. I've been to Ireland a few times and have never witnessed any such thing, either

I've always kinda liked the Irish.. go figure...
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

What are you guys talking about? I have lived in Ireland until I was 21 and I have no idea. What pot stuck to the menu.

Comment

Hey Up North girl
        I am confused too - when you say you went to Ireland for "a whole summer" you seem to be implying that was longer than the recent two week visit! If so are you sure you were actually in Ireland!
        BH

Comment

Upnorth said once for a summer and once for 2 weeks. Sounds like 2 trips all up.

I read back on that thread. I hope that a lot of those posts weren't for real. Pot on the menus - we wished that had been the case. And as for drunken kids, they exists the whole world over. I have only to catch the train in Australia to see them on a daily basis, at all times of the day too.

Comment

Working...
          X