Comment

I'm back -- again!

Ahh.....Think i'll go for a lie down.
      LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
      IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

I'm back -- again!

brand new

Laura, I have tried AA and can never seem to stick with it. I am a binge drinker. I don't crave alcohol and don't drink on a daily basis, but once I have one drink, I'm craving a second one and then ready to party, and before I know it I am in blackout mode wondering what I did the night before. What kind of drinker were you and how is it that you are able to stop at only two drinks? I have told myself that before, but my brain is already on autopilot by the time I get to #2. Thanks, Melkat
        Frmca wrote: Welcome back Mike,

Like you, I did the program back in February, but I was intimidated by chatting on the boards and did not participate enough. I also tried to do the program without the topa because I have an HMO that will not prescribe it and the side effects of the Topa just scared me to much to order it off-shore. I did ok for about a month, but it was hell. My journal was full of how miserable I felt and I gave up.

About 6 weeks ago, I really messed up and I knew this program could work, but I needed to do it 100%. So I have. I got the topa offshore, got the new supps, the l-glut (which I think is a magic pill) and the amino. I have been doing the hypos when I can, they make me itch though when I listen to them, but I can get through that most nights, funny side effect! I have also join the Moderation Board, which I recommend to anyone reading or trying to do this. It can be a little intimidating to start as everyone seems to know each other so well out there, but just do it, it has made a huge difference in the program for me this time.

I am into my 4th week and I have been able to stay at 25mgs topa, which I think may be unusual, but it is working for me and I don't have the side effects that others do. The cravings are not really an issue anymore, it is now about the habits. Also, I don't drink more then 2 of anything at a time and I don't drink on an empty stomach anymore. I did have to make those rules for myself, but they have not been hard to follow. I feel really good and I am starting to let myself believe this is not a temporary thing.

Laura

Comment

I'm back -- again!

MelKat,
          Since we are kind of off thread, I will post this to you directly. I have not done this yet, so bear with me.

Laura
          Humor is just another defense against the universe!

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement -- and I must say, I've missed this place! And welcome back to those others of you who have gone away and come back as well. Let's stick with it this time and make it work....

Mike
            "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Oh, and I'm "up north" as in Alaska.
              "Few things are impossible to diligence and skill. Great works are performed not by strength, but perseverance." -- Samuel Johnson (1709 - 1784)

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hi Mike!

[COLOR="Purple"]:w [SIZE=4]Back Mike

So glad too see you back this way. This time stick with us no matter what OK? Lord knows I've fallen a few times (ok more like ten times) but the trip has been so much lighter this time around. There's no need to hide or isolate because there are no rules here. Just people loving the journey and learning from painful episodes. Pretty good little 'coves' where you can find a good fit. I'm in monthly ABS. where we try to check in each day. I highly recommend it if that's your goal. You and I have similar experiences and I believe we joined at the same time. I think that makes us among the longest active members.

Again, I hope you stay Mike. I'd love for you to share your journey with us.

:l Lori

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hi Mike
                  Welcome back. I've just returned myself after a few months absence. Need to get back to strict routine again, and think this is the best place to get the support we need. I have strayed a bit, but not too far, just need to get back on the straight and narrow. Best of luck.
                  Hugs
                  Mary

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Gateway,
                    I ordered it from Lifhaus online I did not phone them. In the blank where it asked for the dr. name I put in my Dr. name. They did not call him. A pharmacist called me the next day from Lifhaus & asked me a couple of questions such as: had I taken it before & what was I taking it for & how many per day? He then verified the Dr.'s name & hung up. I got the pills a few days later. I told some white lies such as I have epilepsy & I had taken them before. When I asked my Dr. for a precription she very curtly told me no. So, I was pretty desperate when I ordered from Canada.
                    Pea

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hi Mike;

Missed seeing you here!

Hugs and love..
                      Brandy

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Thanks Lori, Mary, Brandy and everyone. Yes -- it's my goal to be here to stay. At least "here" in the MWO program. I know how much better I feel when I'm working it than when I'm not. And I've tried AA before and it doesn't seem to fit me quite as well. This program is much more in sync with my beliefs and my life.

Right now my internet access is intermittent, and for the next week I will be traveling but I will check in as often as I can. I am enjoying catching up on reading the posts. So much collective wisdome here....

Mike

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hi Mike;

Remember this past holiday season...The week of Christmas and New Years. There were alot of us that checked in and supported each other especially that time of year.. Look at how far we've all come!

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hi Mike

Nice to see you round the traps again. Do you remember those discussions between Mish Bear Amy USAnne Jenram etc.. they were part of what turned my life around. You were around then also.

welcome back
                            brigid

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hey, whatever happened to Mish and Bear? I was online back then as well (and just dropped back online last night and trying to catch up). Good to see some familiar names and new names as well!

Totally understand the vodka thing -- ugh. Anything else is easy to do in moderation. Must leave it alone... must leave it alone....

I've restarted the hypno tapes and they seem to be helping!

Comment

I'm back -- again!

Hi Andi;

Youi're right! Mish, Bear, Sprinter just to name a few..I hope they check back in also...:h
                                Brandy

Comment

Working...
                                X