Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My oldest Son turns 21 in 2 weeks.....what do I do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ripp.....Barbie will never do ! Ha! I got him Judy......he'll have more fun with her ! ha! IAD. Thanks everyone for your advice.....
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

Comment

IAD...
      Both my kids saw me in the both the best light and when I was at my worst, unfortunately.
      My daughter's 25 and seems to be OK when it comes to drinking. She went through a rough stage in her late teens, but becoming a mother has really settled her. My son on the other hand is 22 and he seemed to be going along fine until just a couple of years ago. He started off going to pubs an clubs just before he was 18, which is the legal grinking age here, and he seemed to be loving it and having fun, like a kid his age should, but after a couple of years he got a little wilder and started falling out with his friends, He's one of those guys that is a gem sober, but a bit of an ass with a drink in him. He got himself arrested for fighting at a taxi rank. Nothing serious, but not good either. I've had a word with him about it when he was sober, but I didn't get much response except "I know, I know", then later, when he was a bit drunk I was given the " look who's talking" treatment. He can't see it yet, and I haven't given up on him, but I hope by staying sober and showing him that I can be the dad he wants, I can be the best role model for him that I can.

Comment

Hi AID I know how you are feeling. My son will be 18 in April which is the clubbing age here. already most of his friends are out friday nights and he seems to be waiting for his turn (not so when we were young they let anyone into the pubs a nights, I started at 14). I have tried to speak with him about how the al takes over and you don't even realize that it has until its too late. He says he has seen and will be ok. My daughter however is 21 this year and she doesn't seem to have much of an interest in al at all. I did not set a good example for her. My husband is also an binge drinker and their father is an alcho. Can only hope they seen too may idiots in their upbringing. dont worry too much you have the experience to see what track he may be taking.

Comment

Thanks all...as fathers and mothers that have been through what we have......it's hard for us, We can only hope that they've seen us at our worst, and want no part of it !. I can only pray that that's so.....IAD
          Dr. Seuss

Comment

Here's where you learn about patience. Remember the mothers curse?(it applies to dads too) Pray alot and know you raised him right. That's all you can do without being a pain in the ass.
            hehe!
            MM

Comment

IAD my children are to young to drink yet, but I am thinking of you...TOUGH being a parent.
              Forever loved, forever missed Papa Bear

Comment

Thanks Hon........I'll be thier when it's your turn ! The boys are the worst. IAD
                Dr. Seuss

Comment

My beautiful daughter will be 21 in four months Tony. I got one word, "PRAY"
                  "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Sea.....being Catholic, St Jude is right down the corner in Baltimore ! I can't tell you how many times my mother has gone done to St. Judes Shrine for me and my family ! She has VIP Parking over thier ! Ha! IAD.
                    Dr. Seuss

Comment

lmao, these were my babysitters:
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I love it Ha! Nuns with guns ! Ha! While we're on the subject.......... I might get hit by lightning, but it's something that's been bugging me........Why at the last supper is everyone sitting on one side of the table !?! Ha! IAD
                        Dr. Seuss

Comment

NO pics

Just 13 years of Catholic School. abusive Nuns, pervert priests
                          No wonder I am f'd up
                          Father H. like to diddle little Catholic girls from the choir

Sacremental wine anyone?????:upset:

Comment

Upnorth.....sorry to hear that. The church has taken new measures to not let something like this happen again. Hell all the parents at our church had to take an 8 hour training course on the subject just to let us get near the kids ( for trips, erc. ) IAD
                            Dr. Seuss

Comment

Working...
                            X