Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Morning all.

I am sooooo tired, only had 3 hours sleep as the baby has been up most of the night. Been up to my eyes in sick and poo!! She is coming down with a cold and when she coughs she pukes. Think i've caught this cold as my nose is running like a tap and my throat hurts.

We have more snow, only a little bit though which seems nothing compared to the other day. Even though the weather has just said to expect more. Oh Joy!!

Hope everyone has a good day x

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Zen, tomorrows another day.
    Good luck and sweet dreams.

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Good Morning All!
      Wishy,Zen and Slimeball, its good to see you!
      Wishy, I am sorry you didnt get any sleep hun, will you get some later?
      Zen a big welcome! Yep, a good nights sleep and then back on the wagon tomorrow deal?
      Yes, we are completely snowed in here I think there is about 5 inches and more coming! I will venture out later with the dogs...maybe...but they have already had a good play in the garden. I have taken some pics and it does look beautiful...wish It would go though, I want SPRING!!!!
      Living now and not just existing since 9th July 2008
      Nicotine Free since 6th February 2009

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Hi Wish, Zen, Limers and Starts and everyone else.

Got my study books today for this year. So going to be nice and busy and distracted. No more time to even have cravings for AL. Should be great.

Have a great day
        AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Hiya Johnny, what are you studying?

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Morning Oney! You gotta update your signature to 4 days!

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Oh yes you will Oney..
              Remember you said if you made it a week you would be over the hump? You are more than half way there now...
              Think cats holes, charred lungs, my mums emphysema, my mums lung cancers, stinking hair, wrinkles, breathlessness, no money, skinny and unhealthy, no energy, loss of face, kids seeing their mum smoking, they might start, if you are in doubt, put a patch on to help you. BH used a patch when she had a bad craving...its still early days yet, you know it will get better. Think of the pride you will feel over this achievement.You can do this Oney, please dont give up now...the worst is over. Making that decision and doing one day was probably the worst it will get...

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Awww Wishy - seems to be a never-ending problem this cold lark. I haven't had a cold in 3 years. Serious - since I've had the Eastern European variety I seem to be immune to the UK variety. Just watch, I'll catch one in Finland.

We have snow at the moment, I really hope the plane will take off from Manchester with no delays. One advantage is that we are flying with Finnair the Finnish airline, so we should be in with a good chance!

Welcome Zenny! Morning Starts, Slimers and Johnny. Johnny, I was trying to learn some Finnish last night, complicated I can tell you... and I can speak Russian for goodness sake, it's worse than that!!! Amazingly, everything I learnt last night has stuck.

And finally Oney - YOU CAN DO IT TODAY!
                Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; He's the one who will keep you on track. Proverbs 3:6 The Message

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

morning Vlad! Yes finnair, should be used to the snow!

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Hey Vlad, I can imagine, I didn't even know finnish was a language. (sorry, i am ever so intollerant). I was thinking of learning french last year but didn't get past the greetings, etc.

Starts, I am studying Financial Planning (buaehhh....). We've got a financial services arm in the company and I've been asked to tune up my knowledge so doing a correspondence certificate course this year. Nothing particularly exciting. Quite legalistic
                    AF since 15th March 2010

The journey is the goal. As long as you're fighting the good fight and you're not giving up on giving up, you're winning. It's not about how often you get knocked down, it's about how often you get up again. Sobriety the goal for sure. But striving to get to that goal is what it's about. Not getting there. Because the journey never ends. The journey is the goal.

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Well, anything that adds to your knowledge is a good thing, and if it enhances your career prospects, well thats even better! Good for you!

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

I am going to brave the 5 inches of snow we have here and walk the beasties! See you in a bit

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

one2many;538422 wrote: Don't know if I will make it today....but I will try.
                          Morning all

After 72 hours the nicotine is out of your system- it is one of the fastest drugs known to man to hit your system, but it is also one of the fastest to leave. There will be no nicotine inside you now to cause cravings (it is when the nicotine is leaving your system that the cravings hit) so any cravings you feel from today on are purely mental- which will take a while to overcome because you are so used to doing certain things at certain times with a cig in your hand, but once you do those same actions a number of times without a cigarette new brain pathway will emerge.

It is like if you walk in the woods, and take the same path everyday it is well trodden down and easy to walk on. One day you decide you want to walk a different way- at first it is very very difficult- almost impossible in fact, as you have to push away the brambles, and flatten the grass where you want to walk, but after a few days the path is clearer and you can see where you are going, by day 5 or 6 is is quite well trodden and easier to follow and after a few weeks it is just as easy to walk on as the old one was- easier in fact because now the old one is becoming overgrown and brambles are beginning to cross it.

Within 5 or 6 weeks the old one has completely disappeared and the new one is wide and clear.

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Good evening/morning soldiers. Just popping by to say hi and I am thinking of you all.
                            Starts - the walk will be damned invigorating - yay for snow!
                            Onerooney, hope your no smoking going good, hon
                            Wish - just WAIT til you and Cy have a wee tot of your own!!!! :H
                            Zen - as starty says - tis another day tomorrow - look forward to seeing you here sober !!! And WELCOME!
                            Johnny - great stuff for motivational study - great brain food!
                            Limericious- HELLOOOOOO!!
                            Everyone else - hope you all having fab day so far x
                            *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Army Thread 5th Feb 09

Hey Marby!! Great to see you too x
                              *Serenity is the calm WITHIN the storm*

Comment

Working...
                              X