Just Back from the Doctor -- Success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw my Doc at 9:30 this morning. Took a copy of the pdf book MY Way Out to leave with her to read, the Lancet study and one other, a copy of the supplements and what I would need each month in Topa. She actually read the shorter study and said it sounded interesting. She gave me the scrip and so tomorrow I will have everything I need. I recently switched docters after several years with the same one. He had gotten very conservative and treated me like the village idiot. The new doc is female and younger and I think more flexible to women's issues - food for thought for everyone whose doc turned them down. Listened to two of the CDs yesterday and have been taking the supplements for a couple of days. The Cds are very relaxing - only had two drinks last night not my usual 6 or 7! Onward and upward!

Trish
    Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
    Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
    Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
    : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
    "

aw so pleased for you Trish - your on your way girl! Such a good feeling when you can just talk about it. Keep me posted and let me know how you get on. I'm just waiting for all my stuff to arrive then going to crack on with it.

Onwards and upwards. Luv Moll x

Comment

Well Done Trish,
      Its stupid the amount of rubbish you have to go through with Doctors....Glad you got a good one now.
      Onwards & Upwards.
      LOOK AT IT THIS WAY.........
      IT CANT GET ANY WORSE.............

Comment

Terrific for you Trish!!

That is great, Trish! I'm so glad for you. I wish more doctors understood what it means when they support our participation in our own treatment. It's more than just giving you the topa, which of course, is a tremendous support. It is also taking you seriously as a thinking human being, and acknowledging that you are intellegent enough to be a partner in your own medical care! Good for you and thumbs up to your doctor!!! We need more like her!!

Hugs,

Kathy
        AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Yay Trish!!!! I know how it feels when a doctor actually supports our efforts!! It took me a long time to get the script for topa but i finally did - from a young, female doctor (I am in Canada and you can ask a number of our regulars on the board how much i moaned about not being able to get the topa and for how long - thanks becca, Patty, Jude, Kathy, gina, gabs, pansy, young and everyone else who had to listen to me! )
          HERE"S TO MOVING FORWARD!!!!
          HUGS
          JEN
          Over 4 months AF :h

Comment

Good for you Trish..I had to call a friend doctor out of town to get me started so it was a rough start and expensive because he made me call in the prescription weekly which cost me my co-pay weekly for about a month, then tried to get my regular doctor to review it..got tired of waiting for a call back (after two calls)..finally found a doctor I used to see support me just last week...and just this week recieved a call from my regular doctor who said No because it isn't FDA approved and that I should go to a rehab center..and she had her nurse call me to tell me that...I was dissappointed because I thought she might actually do it..she is younger and ..well, I just thought she was pretty hip to the edge.. Good for you!
            dilayne

Comment

super success

Hi Trish,
              Just to give you some super encouragement:
              Today is day 51 for me on topa. I thought I leveled out at 125mg but just recently did go back up to 150mg. Have had a few ups and downs but really not a lot of negative side effects to speak of from topa. Defintally a lot of changes from no alcohol. Right now to many to post. All good....lots of soul searching which can be hard at times. Anyway the basic lowdown from MWO and support from the beautifull people here and the topa. (beautiful topa I should say as well)
              K...
              51 days alcohol free!
              18 lbs down! (with workin out)
              Tons and tons of clairaty.
              And much more but that kinda wraps it up. Gabby
              Gabby :flower:

Comment

Success

Hey Gabby,

Congrats on 51 days and the 18 lbs. Wow! You are an inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

Big hugs,

Deanie

Comment

Gabby - Thanks for your great reply!

I'm taking my first topa today - even just the few days I've done the supps and the cds have made a great difference. Hard to believe but true! Your stats look fabulous, girl! Big kudos to you

Trish
                  Trish In Omaha

Shepard James 'Shep' Walker: I think it can best be said..."The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
                  Sidda: Well, what about the road back? What's that paved with?
                  Shepard James 'Shep' Walker
                  : Humility.

"Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood
                  "

Comment

Working...
                  X