X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Thread 7th February 2009

Congrats on the 7 days Sea. Your doing great you know
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

So are you
      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

I've been right behind you on the threads but I'm not stoking you really!
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

Comment

stocking? spelling??
          AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

LOL. I've been on here way too long, my ass is killing me.lol. I have been up since 5am
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

LOL. I'm probably spend to much time on here but it's still better than spending the day drinking.
              Hubby is up so I have to get off but I'm so glad we got to chit chat alittle. I never get to do that really. I hope you have a lovely day on your walk. 30-40 should feel like a heatwave after the cold we've had!! Keep up the good work!
              AF since 7/26/2009

Comment

Good morning Army, just popping in FAST to say I am SO proud of you NON-smokers! Lordie that is hard and you are getting through it in great style (I mean, you haven't killed anybody yet, right?)!

And Cy, you know how happy I am for you... Sea, sounds like you are doing great... Lilmea and Zenstyle, too... who else? Sorry I can't scroll back that far and can't hold everyone in my little brain at once. Oney... sorry about that poor parrot and poor Wob... and Limers was that you, here for a moment?

I've got a 90-day Meditation Challenge going in the general threads, if anyone is interested in making a commitment to starting a serious meditation practice...

I've got to go visit my mother again today (I promised her, must do it. Even though it's really hard. Last night she called and left a message on the phone saying "I have some vodka and orange juice, please come over and have a drink with me." Even with the Alzheimer's, she's trying to get me to drink with her.... ahhhh.... ).

Hope everyone has a good day....

Comment

Hi everyone!
                  :l
                  LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Afternoon all. Been in work all day, very busy morning and got alot done. We are going to my sisters for dinner tonight, she is cooking chilli and then we have cheesecake for dessert. Yummy!! Really looking forward to it as me and Cy don't really do alot with my family as a couple.

Oney ... sorry to hear about Wob's parrot, hope you find him x

Starts ... how are you feeling now?

How is everyone? Sorry only quickly read through the thread.

Comment

Hi All,
                      I managed to stay smoke free even with my little smoke stack hubby puffing away across the couch from me last night. Then the neighbor came down and he smoked too---both were drinking (one beer and one wine) and smoking! I can honestly say I had no trouble staying away....I think the patches are working wonders for me.
                      Starty, Are you having trouble going off patches? That I don't look forward to. Tell me what your plan was to get rid of the gum habit???
                      Hi LTG, I might even get to Hobby Lobby today....keeping myself busy will keep my mind off things I shouldn't be thinking about.
                      Cy, Do you have food in the house now? Can we start talking about recipies again? What are u cooking today?
                      Oney, Sorry to hear about Rob's bird. How are u feeling today?
                      Wippy, I'll check the meditation thread out....I think that would be a helpful tool in the fight against nicotine!
                      Lillmea, You are totally right when you say it is better to stay on here than to spend the whole day drinking! I bet you are feeling better right about now.
                      Sea, Enjoy your "spring thaw" today at 40F. We'll probablty hit that here in Utah also
                      Limers, What's on your agenda tdy?
                      I need to get my patch on before I forget completely!
                      Love to all, Krigs
                      "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Wish! Dinner sounds nice. Hanna will be here in a bit. I'll have her send some more smiley faces to y'all...LOL!!
                        LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Wishy, We crossed....It sounds like a nice evening you will be having (good company and good food!)
                          "People usually fail when they are on the verge of success. So give as much care to the end as to the beginning." Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hi Kriger! Great job on staying smoke free!
                            LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Thanks, LTG. I smell SOOO much better and I don't need to clear my throat every time I want to talk!! I know I am only on Day 3 but I feel differently this time. There is a certain "resolve" in my gut down deep. I'm not explaining it very well, but I think I'm going to make it this time!!!!

Comment

Oh Kriger, that is great to hear! :h
                                LTG AF January 13, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X