Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Because I didn't drink last night.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have 10 days AF and I woke up this morning thinking of all the things that I was able to do because I didn't drink all these nights. Add to the list please with the things you have been able to do because you didn't drink.

My list of things I was able to do because I didn't drink these nights:

I was awake and sober and able to give my sister money to travel to Florida with a friend during an emergency (for her friend).
    I was able to have my niece over for the night while her Mama was gone to Florida.
    I was able to make a quilt with my Mama and niece.
    I was able to watch a TV program last night and remember the show in the morning.
    I was able to go to church sober and without a hangover.
    I was able to drive to my Mama's house to pick her up without worrying that I was still a little drunk and might wreck my truck.

This list goes on and on.

What were you able to do because you didn't drink all those nights?
    RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

I sent out several resumes and made phone calls for jobs
    I applied for unemployment and town assistance
    I went to AA meetings
    I meditated and did my hypno CD's
    I synched new music onto my IPod
    I am planning a trip to FL to see my Dad
    I am up at 5am, with my daughter's cat's fur all over my face.lol , talking to my favorite people.
    I am meeting my Sis and Cousin for a "Girls Day". They are a Hoot and we will be on the beautiful seacoast.
    I got my car fixed and it is running Awesome!!
    "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

hi April congrats on the ten days,i to went last nt to a co workers moms to say hi,shes aging,and i never went cause there was no time,only excuses,yes it was Al,for all the times i lied only because of drink,i also could drive my truck cause i hadn't been with drink, i also went out at 3am, to help my so,he accidently hit a ditch,no damage to him /girlfriend or car,just his pride was hurt/he s never had an accident nor a ticket,it was nc, to be able to be there and not have to worry if i smelled like Al,great post gyco

Comment

Gyco;540649 wrote: hi April congrats on the ten days,i to went last nt to a co workers moms to say hi,shes aging,and i never went cause there was no time,only excuses,yes it was Al,for all the times i lied only because of drink,i also could drive my truck cause i hadn't been with drink, i also went out at 3am, to help my so,he accidently hit a ditch,no damage to him /girlfriend or car,just his pride was hurt/he s never had an accident nor a ticket,it was nc, to be able to be there and not have to worry if i smelled like Al,great post gyco
        Gyco.....I've been on here since 1/28/09 and I have read post after post that you have written. You have been an inspiration to me. I just had to tell you that!!!!:thanks:
        RUM IS POISON AF since 09/28/09

"The hangover last a lot longer than the buzz!!!" quote from FloridaBoy

Comment

I was able to take my cat to the vet. something I have been putting off because I was afraid to drive.
          I didn't cancuel my appoitment with the dentist because I was afraid my breath smelled like AL
          I've been able to go to the movies. Something I stopped doing yrs ago because of my drinking.
          I've been able to start exercising again.
          I've been able to wake up in the morning without feeling ashamed and quilty about the day before.
          AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

I was able to drive anywhere in town at any time of the day instead of planning around my drinking time.
            I took my dogs for a swim and a walk on the beach. Something I haven't done for ages. Usually we just walk around the block if I have the energy.
            I cleaned the house. Something I don't usually have the energy or motivation to do very thoroughly.
            I woke up feeling healthy.
            Feb 04 2009 80 days AF.
            AF May 23 09 to July 09
            AF December 16, 09 FORWARD.

Comment

Working...
            X